Prologue(3/3)

A/N:
Ok this is is the last prologue before the story really starts! Thank you guys sm for reading<3 I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far:))

HANAKO'S POV:

"A classroom?"I asked looking at the empty and clean classroom. "Yep!" The Mokke nods"why would a school mystery resign in a classroom? I thought they were the 4pm Bookstacks." The Mokke hops up onto one of desks. "Just wait! He'll be here soon!" I sighed with a nod"so,do you mind explaining what's going on? Like what's my job?" The Mokke shook its head"nope! I don't wanna explain. Ask him! Him!" I nod and scan the room. It was clean and kept. Suddenly the classroom door opened,I looked to see "Tsuchigomori-sensei?" The teacher looked a little different,his facial features were the same. Though his hair was now grey instead of black indicating how much time had passed. He also now sported a pair of glasses. The teacher looked up with a bored expression before his eyes widened,it was almost like he had seen a ghost. Oh wait,he did! Wait,he can see me?!

"Yugi?" He questions"what the h*ll..."I walked over to him"Tsuchigomori-sensei! I'm back as a ghost!" I smiled up to him"did you miss me?" I playfully asked as he blinked in disbelief. "Yugi..."was all he was able to get out. "What's wrong? You're acting like you've seen a ghost." He looked me up and down"you're dead...why are you here?"

"I got reincarnated! Isn't that great sensei? It's like I never left! Though the Mokke are calling me 'honorable' or 'lord number seven'. I don't completely understand why." Tsuchigomori sighed and bent down to pick up the scattered papers,he muttered a few things to himself before standing up. "I see. So you're the new school mystery. What a surprise. I always thought I'd never see you again." He says passing me"hey! You're acting like this is a bad thing!" Tsuchigomori shook his head"it's not I am simply in disbelief." He corrects setting the papers on one of the desks before sitting down himself,before pulling out a pen. "Aw why?"

"I thought you were gone for good." He simply states"you're no fun." He looks to me before rolling his eyes. "Actually,sensei why can you see me?" With a sigh he answers"I to,am a supernatural. School mystery number five to be exact." My eyes widened"wait really?! For how long?! Why did you hide this from your favorite student?!" He marked up the papers while he spoke"since always and people don't need to know. But it doesn't matter now,you're dead after all." I cross my arms"hey sensei,the Mokke told me that you and Y/N are like best friends...where is she?" Tsuchigomori stopped marking up the papers for a moment before going back to it. "Hey,are you ignoring me?" I question"I am,I don't feel like answering you." I groaned"fiiine. The Mokke told me you can answer some of my questions. So do you mind filling me in?" He nods his head"go ahead."

"First off,why am I the 'ruler' of you all?" I asked"because you're the most powerful."

"I am?" He nods"oh ok. Um...what exactly is my job?" He shrugs"not sure." My eyes narrow"you just don't want to tell me." He smirks"maybe,maybe not." I shake my head to dismiss myself from his words. "They told me I was 'Hanako-san of the toilets',I'm guessing if I'm a school mystery I have a story. What's my story?" He shrugs"not sure. Whatever it is though,you better get it known. Otherwise you'll probably fade away and be forgotten." I nod and make a mental note of that. "What ever happened to Shiro? The Ruby?"

"Exorcised."

"By who?"

"Not sure. She suddenly stopped showing up to meetings. So this made us believe she was exorcised." I nod"and how about Rei?" He sighs and clicks his pen before standing up. "Come on,follow me. I'll let you see." My eyes widened at what he said"what do you-"before I could finish he was already out the door. "Ah! Hey! W-Wait up!" I follow him to the library. He walks up to a bookshelf and suddenly a black butterfly appears. It flies towards the bookshelf and disappears into thin air,only leaving behind a thin smoke cloud. It soon brushes away to reveal a door with a clock and a butterfly in the middle. What the heck? Tsuchigomori opens the door and goes inside,I follow behind him.

I noticed that the floor was covered in water. How bizarre. The room was covered in cobwebs and spiderwebs,lanterns and glowing crystals lining the walls. But they weren't walls,they were bookshelves. Each shelf had dozens of books,way to many to keep track of. "Sensei,what is this place?" I asked him"my boundary. Better yet,this is my place. I control it." I noticed that the books were separated neatly.

Red,white and black.

"Oh ok..."I trail off looking at how many white books there were. That's a lot of white books,there's so many! How does one man keep track of them all?! "Yugi,please stop getting distracted." I nod and hurry over to him. He pulls out a white book labeled: Rei Minamoto. He sighs"this book tells you everything about Minamoto. Everything. Please place the book in the hamper over there once you're done. I have lots of grading to do." He says gesturing to the hamper before handing the thick book to me. It was heavy. Very heavy actually. How was he able to hold it so easily?! Wait how am I holding it? I guess it's because it's a supernatural made thing.

I turned to him"ah! Wait sensei!" He stops in his tracks"yes?"

"Can I ask you two quick questions?" He turns around to face me. "First off,what's your story? And secondly,can I see your supernatural form?" He crosses his arms"my school rumor? It's that at 4pm in the library there is a door that reveals itself from the bookcases. The room is filled with books,each contains a record of said person. There are three books,white,red and black. As you've probably seen. The white is for the living. The black is for the dead. And the red you should never read." He turns towards the exit"as for your second question...I think it would be better if you found out on your own." I could practically feel his smirk. My eyes narrowed"oh,and please do not read Y/N's. She's stated to me she hates her story." With that he pushed open the door and exits.

I sighed and looked to the large white book. "Let's see what we can find on you Rei." I opened up the book to see a table of contents. "I just wanna know what happened after I died."

Supposedly after I died,Rei became angry and violent. The total opposite from what I remember. She exorcised Shiro in pure rage and graduated high school. It was noted that she never spoke to Y/N after my passing,it was not stated why though. After graduating high school she traveled to America and got married to a woman named Stephanie Maires. They then moved to Japan. It's also noted that she gave up being an exorcist.

I shut the book. I felt guilty. I wave of anxiety hit me all at once. I don't like this feeling. I felt my eyes water as I wiped my eyes. "No,no crying. What's d-done is done. You c-cant go back." I picked up the book and placed it in the hamper. "I wonder where Y/N's book-no he said not to read it. We respect her wishes." I made my way towards the door that lead into his boundary. I need to figure out what to do with my rumor.