Prologue(2/3)

HANAKO'S POV:

I reached my hand for the seal on my cheek as I stared at my reflection. "Three,two,one!" On one I tried to rip off the seal,though I only ended up scratching my cheek. "Will you not come off?!" I exclaim as I continued to go at my cheek. "Get. Off. Me!" I yelled as I continued to pry it off only to get no where. "Stupid! Ugh!" I crossed my arms with a pout"guess I'm stuck with it." I sighed and looked over to the window. "Can I go outside this place?" I asked to myself as I looked around. "I don't see why I can't." I say as I(try to) float over to the door. I phase through the door with a shiver,phasing was such a weird feeling. I looked around to see an empty hallway. "I did! Haha!" I turned around and pointed at the bathroom"take that bathroom!" I placed my hands on my hips"alrighty,now where to?" My eyes scanned the empty hallway. "I wonder if Tsuchigomori-sensei is here."

I floated down the hallway and came upon my first classroom. I peaked through the window to see everyone facing the board as the teacher spoke. I looked to the students and then back at the teacher. "Even though I'm not in there,I'm already bored." I say to myself then I smile. "Hey,good thing I'm dead! I don't need to learn anymore!" I then looked back to the class. "Wonder if they can see me..."I began to make funny faces at them,yet nothing. "That didn't work...then how about this-?!" I tried to bang on the glass but my hand only went through it. "You win this time window." I growl pulling my hand back. "There's gotta be a way to fix this..."

I looked in each classroom.

No Tsuchigomori-sensei.

"This sucks." I huff as I make my way towards the schools rooftop. "Nobody sees me. How am I supposed to atone for my sins if nobody can see me?" I phased through the roof top door and was instantly met with harsh wind. I looked to the sky to see the bright sunlight and blue sky filled with clouds. I went over to the guard rail and closed my eyes letting the wind whistle pass me. I opened my eyes and saw another school building directly behind me. "Huh?" I hummed as I squinted my eyes at it. "Why is there another school building behind this one?" I rubbed my eyes thinking I was dreaming,yet when I pulled my hands away it was still there. "How peculiar." I looked around and then looked back to the school building. Curiosity was building up inside me,I shook my head and turned my back to it. "Nope! I am not going over there."

I sighed and turned around once more. "You've bested me." I go back over to the railing and stand on top of it. I took a deep breath and leaned forward after shutting my eyes tightly. Once I knew I landed,I opened my eyes to see the blue sky above me. I sat up and looked to see I was in some bushes. "I'm not dead! Oh right,I am." I shuffled out of the bushes and looked at the school. It was a few feet behind this school building. I headed over towards it,feeling a wave of dread with each step.

I finally approached the front entrance to see caution tape lining it. "Idiots,I'm a ghost! You can't stop me." I smirked as I went through the tape. Instantly I was met with shoe lockers,someone of doors were thrown to the floor like somebody took them off. They were rusting ever so slowly. The floor and walls were growing plants indicating how old it was. "Creepy." I said to myself as I saw old posters,or what I think were old posters. It was hard to tell due to how damaged they were. The floor was cracked and slowly decaying much like the walls. I walked down the hallway to see classrooms,some doors were open while others were shut. The inside of the rooms were overgrown with nature,bugs crawled around inside making me internally groan at the sight. I was never one for bugs.  I continued down the hall until I got to a staircase,the stairs were decaying and seemed unstable. I mean,they were made out of wood so it made sense.

The second floor was just as bad as the first. I floated down the hall until I suddenly felt a strong presence near one of the classrooms. I stopped and turned to it,I gave a confused look as I looked to the room number at the the top. It read 2-2. "Two...two..."I trailed off as I looked inside through the glass window. The inside was a lot cleaner compared to the other classrooms I had seen. It was odd. It was no where near clean or brand new,but it was in decent shape. There were still overgrown plants but all the desks were neat and lined up like in a normal classroom. I looked back to the room number something felt familiar about this room...but why?

I phased through the door with a shiver. The inside seemed normal,nothing out of the ordinary until I spotted a small picture on the chalk board. I went over to it. It was of the moon with a Apollo 11 drawing on top of it,380,000km written on top with it underlined then off to the side a circle labeled 'Earth'. "Apollo 11..."the name felt fresh on my tongue. Just like that,a wave of memories washed over me. My eyes widened as I recalled the nostalgia.  "That's right! The moon landing! What's today? What's today?!"

I searched around but found nothing. "Darn it,nothing..."I looked back to the new school across from this one. "That school is active. There must be a date somewhere there." I looked back at the classroom"Tsuchigomori-sensei..."I trailed off"he still has to be here,right? Wait-"I smacked my forehead with my hand"he can't see me! Amane,you're stupid sometimes."

I headed back towards the new school building. Once I arrived I noticed everyone by the shoe lockers leaving,the halls were loud with chatter. I zoomed by everyone in a hurry,though what I was looking for wasn't that big of a deal. I finally came to the teacher's facility room,I phased through the door and saw the desks. On top of the desks were boxes,they were flat though and coated with black paint. Books,pens and paper were also on the desks as well. "What's this black thing?" I placed my hand on it yet it phased through. "Idiot you can't touch things." I shook my head and looked around the room for a calendar.

Soon,I found one. "October 20th 20XX." My eyes widened"wait hold on. 20XX?!" I suddenly felt dizzy and light headed,I gripped my head. "This isn't...this doesn't add up. Wait it should be the 60's..."suddenly a high pitched voice was heard behind me. (There's no real year of when TBHK takes place besides Hanako's past)

"Honorable number seven!" I jumped and looked to see pink rabbits. Wait pink rabbits? "Mokke?" There were three of them,they were all pink with black beady eyes. "He remembers!" One cheered"honorable number seven,welcome!" The other greeted"welcome! Do you have any candy?" I stepped back"Mokke,what-?" It was hard to understand what was happening. I died in the 60's how did so many years go by? "This doesn't add up...Mokke,I'm Amane. Amane Yugi." The three looked to each other"no you're honorable number seven!" One argued"lord number seven!" The other said"no I am Amane Yugi. I don't understand who this 'honorable' or 'lord number seven' is."

"It's you of course!"

"It's you silly!"

"Welcome! Do you have any candy?"

"I don't understand. What happened while I was...away?" The Mokke then explained that I died and had been reincarnated as honorable or lord(which ever you prefer) number seven,the ruler of all school mysteries. "School mysteries..."I trailed off"wait where is Shiro?"

"'The Ruby'?" One asks making me nod. "Oh yes,she is-"

"Gone!"

"Banished!"

"Poof! Away!"

"What do you mean she...oh right,she was atoning for her sins. But wait she was shot on the roof top,she didn't die by killing herself. I don't understand..."my eyes then widened. She was exorcised. I concluded but by who? Rei? No,she wouldn't had.

"WAIT WHERE'S Y/N?!" I ask"WHERE IS SHE?!"

The Mokke didn't respond. "D-Don't tell me she's..."

They then began to laugh. "Huh...? Why are you laughing? This isn't funny!"

"She's around."

"Scary! She's super scary!"

"Number five and her are like best friends!"

"Number five...?" I asked"who is that? Do one of you mind explaining?"

"Yes! Yes! There are seven school mysteries! No.1-The Clock Keepers,No.2-The Misaki Stairs,No.3,The Hell of Mirrors,No.4-Shijima-san of the Art Room,No.5-the 4pm Bookstacks,No.6-the Shinigami and lastly No.7-Hanako-san of the toilets."

"It's you! You're the last one lord number seven!"

"Wait so I go by Hanako-san now? But wait,Hanako-san is a girls name. I'm a boy." I explain.

"Not our problem!"

"Candy! Candy!"

They said Number Five and Y/N were like best friends...why does that make me slightly jealous? "Where can I find No.5?" I asked"follow me! I'll show you!"