Prologue(1/3)

A/N:
Welcome to book 2 of the 'Silly Girl' series. Is this even a series lol. This will be the final book,Ik I said that about 'Silly Girl' as well-but THIS TIME IT REALLY IS!!

HANAKO'S POV:

My eyes fluttered open,though what I saw was darkness. I tried to move my body,I even tried to move my head to look around but nothing. It was like my body was stone,like Medusa casted her curse on me. I tried to open my mouth but it was no use,nothing. And if it did open,it was silence. Suddenly a voice was heard,it was distant. "Amane Yugi." They started"you are to be reincarnated as a spirit." I blinked and stared at the darkness in confusion. What? Wait where am I? What happened? "You committed suicide." My eyes widened,was it because I killed myself or because whoever it was heard my thoughts? "You killed your brother,Tsukasa Yugi,three times in the chest and then yourself. I do not think I have to go into more detail." But...I don't understand where am I? "You are between life and death,the far shore and near shore." Ok but...answer me this then,why am I here and not in h*ll or Heaven? "Because you have things to take care of in the near shore. If you are able to atone for your sins,then you may get into heaven." This is my punishment? "Divine Punishment." They corrected"you see for what you did,you must prove that you are worthy for heaven. Everyone who kills themselves wishes to die and go to h*ll,they killed themselves to get away from the near shore. By this being said,a persons 'Divine Punishment' they are casted back to the near shore to prove themselves. If they succeed they will go to heaven,if not they will be cast away to h*ll." I see...by bringing those who have killed themselves back to this 'near shore' they are being punished. Ok,I think I understand. "You will prove to us that you are ready for heaven once you apologize for all the misery you have caused. Afterwards,you'll be set free in heaven." 'Apologize for all the misery I caused?' What exactly do you mean,to who? "That is for you to find out. There is no time limit. Though if you get exorcised or whatever,you'll be dead and sent straight to h*ll. Now-"suddenly the darkness was enveloped in a white light. "Go!"

•••

My body felt numb as I soon opened my eyes to see a red stall in front of me. I looked around,my eyes widened as I realized I was now in control of my body. I let out a sigh as I heard the ringing of a bell,I jumped at the sound. I stood up and looked to the tiled floor,I gave a confused look as I glanced behind me to see a toilet. "H-Huh?" My voice croaked as I placed a hand over top of my throat. "It hurts..."I trailed off as I looked to the red stall. I placed my hand on the silver handle,my hand phased through it. My eyes widened"ah?!" I retracted my hand and brought it into my chest. "W-What?" I took a deep breath and did it again only to have the same result. "Why is this..."I trailed off as I tried once more. Same result. "This is...odd..."I muttered as I placed my hand on my chest. "I'm able to touch myself but not the door?"

It seemed like hours had passed though I knew it was only minutes. "How am I going to get out of here?" I looked to the bottom of the door. "I can crawl underneath it. No that's not sanitary." I said to myself"wait what about class? Tsuchigomori-sensei is going to be so mad at me!" I sighed"guess I'll have to break down the door." I took a deep breath and put my arm up to block myself from getting injured. "Three...two...one!" I ran towards the door with my eyes shut,though I only felt impact. I groaned and opened my eyes to see the stall upside down. I looked up to see a wall,the walls paint was slowly chipping away. I looked to my legs to see that I had on light brown dress shoes,dark red socks and black pants. "I don't remember owning this outfit." I said to myself as I twisted my body onto my side. I stood up and looked to the door,it was intact. "How peculiar..."I said to myself as I looked to see more stall doors,all painted red. "Im in a bathroom." I noted as I looked to see mirrors and sinks lined up,three to be exact.

I walked over to the mirror,slightly startled at my appearance. "I definitely don't remember owning these." I said looking to my clothing. I wore a school uniform and a matching hat to top it off. On the right side of my cheek was a bandage that read 'seal'. My skin was deathly paler then usual,and my eyes were dull. Definitely not how I remembered them. "Am I...dead?" I shook my head"dumb statement Amane!" I reached for the sinks cold handle only for my hand to phase through. "Am I...am I really dead?!" I swatted my hand at the handle but no albeit. That's when I remembered what the voice said to me: 'apologize for all the misery you have caused.'

"I...I really am dead..."my voice was frail and quiet. I felt a sense of despair wash over me. Why was I feeling this way? I didn't want to be alive in the first place. Suddenly I had an idea,distracting me from my depressing thoughts. "If I'm a ghost,I should be able to fly and possess things,right?" A smile tugged at my lips. "How do I fly?" I jumped up in the air and soon found myself a few feet off the ground. "Ah! Wow! I wasn't expecting this!" I exclaim with wide eyes.

"But how do I...get down?"