When everything was done, I picked up one of the dishes as Adrianna did too. Walking out of the kitchen we headed towards the dining hall, Lorenzo always ate alone. He was at the table, his back facing the hallway we used to enter the dining hall, the only comfort was not seeing his face.

I set the dish down in front of him, avoiding his eye contact. I could feel his eyes on me, like daggers, wanting to carve into every inch of my body, and that was my queue to leave.

Which I regretted.

As I turned to leave his hand gripped my arm, pulling me onto his lap.

"Lyla, did I say you could leave?" He questioned, his hand running through my hair made me feel dirty.

"Answer me," he demanded, yanking my head back to look at him.

"No," I bluntly answer.

"Adrianna, you're free to leave." He speaks, and then the sound of footsteps leaving the room echos around my head.

"Now, darling, are you going to behave?" His words like toxicity floating in the air, he knew that I wouldn't, he just wanted a reason to inflict pain.

I watched as he grabbed the knife off of the table, "I've thought of a different method, you need to learn to respect me, withholding food doesn't work, and neither does beating it out of you. I believe bloodshed will."

The end of the knife carved across my arm making me scream in agony. I could feel the blood seeping from the wound slowly, as tears glided down the sides of my cheeks. He trailed the knife up to my arm, landing on my collarbone.

"Respect me." He tsked pushing the knife into my skin once again. My screams caught in my throat, refusing to let him be satisfied, letting myself eternally suffer. I watched as he brought the knife up to his mouth, licking the blood off of it.

The only thing I could do as he proceeded to cut into me over and over again, was watch. The tears falling from my eyes were the only thing I could concentrate on, as the world became blurry. I felt myself losing consciousness, the whole world blurrily spinning around me. Until I felt myself hit something hard, and then Lorenzo's voice booming.

I found myself regaining consciousness, once again in the bed. I let my eyes slowly open, concentrating on my surroundings. Adrianna was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room sleeping, my arm was wrapped in a bandage. I lifted my hand up to my collarbone, which now had stitches holding it together.

At least he didn't let me bleed out, but I would have liked that better.

The window let in the moonlight, it was time to go. No matter how little strength I had, I was getting out of here, for Adrianna and me.

I made my way out of the bed, my arm aching as I pushed myself up. As soon as I got up I made my way over to the chair, lightly shaking her awake.

"Lyla, what are you doing, get back in the bed, you're hurt." She whispered standing up.

"Adrianna, I'm leaving, tonight," I confess, pulling her into a hug.

"I will come back for you, but if I get caught, it's better to be just me, than both of us. I'm going to get you home to you're family Adi, I promise."

"No, you can't, he'll catch you!" She protests pushing me away from her.

"It's a chance I have to take."I shrug, backing up from her. She has tears freely flowing from her eyes, yet there is nothing I can do.

"I promise, I'll come back for you Adi." I open the door slowly, making sure it doesn't creak. Adrianna stands in the middle of the room not stopping me, she gives me a slight nod before I close the door behind me.

The house is dimly lit, with barely any light showing me the way through the hallway. My pace is slow, making sure no one is around any corner. When I reach the first set of stairs, I slowly make my descent, the adrenaline keeping the pain away.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I make my way down another hallway. I made sure that I was making as least noise as possible. When I reach the second set of stairs I stop, the front door is in clear view, no one was around.

Until I heard the voice.

"You know that it was a pleasure watching you sneak around my entire house, thinking that you were undiscovered. The cameras set in every inch of the house had caught you multiple times, not only was that poor judgment, but it was highly disrespectfully trying to leave your owner." Lorenzo states, coming around the corner of the hallway.

I slowly backed up down the hallway I had come from when I bumped into something hard. I turned around and there was another man behind me. I let out a scream as he restrained my arms and forced me to face Lorenzo.

I felt something cold on my wrist, I looked down, a handcuff on my wrist. I used all my energy trying to fight the man that was holding me still until my arm became restrained once again, this time, the other handcuff was attached to the banister of the railing.

The other man was gone, I was left alone, by the stairs, with Lorenzo. His fist collided with my face, causing me to hunch over. Which then he took as an advantage kneeing me in the stomach. My body collided with the floor, causing me to cough.

"You have done it this time Lyla, I'm done with the disrespect that you have given me." He yelled, kicking me in the side.

He kneeled down beside me, forcing me to look up at him, "do you fucking hear me, Lyla, you are going to regret it."

"Fuck you," I spit in his face causing him to yell.

I hear his footsteps, they sound in the distance. A few moments later I hear them come back. I could see the front door, if only I could get out of these handcuffs, I could make it there.

A hand roughly grabs my face causing me to look up, his eyes are dark, full of anger. "You see this," He yells.

When I look at what's in his hand, I feel like screaming. I try to scramble away from him, but the handcuff keeps me in place, laying on my stomach.

The smile on his face causes my stomach to retract, the pure joy he got out of my horror was terrifying. The whip he held in his hand, was dangling in front of me before I watched him raise his arm. I shut my eyes as it came down on my back, pure pain took over my body as a scream escaped my mouth.

"I'm done playing nice, this is what you get for disobeying me." He brings it down again and again. I can feel the blood dripping down my sides and the wounds along my back. Every time he brought the whip down on my back, my screams echoed out around me.

I was so close, the door was only a couple of steps away.

"You fucking bitch." He yelled as he continued.

He was going to kill me.

I could feel the blood loss affecting me, my head felt like it was spinning. I wished I could lose consciousness, yet it didn't happen. I felt the whip every time, I felt the pain, I felt the tears, and I heard the screams that came out of my mouth.

Black spots started appearing in my vision. I wanted to be strong, but I couldn't anymore. I just wanted this to be over, no more pain.

I hear a distant yell, and that was when the whipping stopped. I couldn't process what was happening around me, but I took in the relief that I didn't feel him cracking down on me again. My head was resting against the ground, the pain shooting all over my back.

Everything was happening so fast, there was yelling and the sound of gun shots all around me. I felt something warm wrap around me.

"I got you, it okay Ly, I'm here, I'm not letting you go. Stay here, open your eyes. Come on Ly, I know you can, stay with me." The voice spoke before the black spots took all my vision away.