Thirty

I could feel the bruises forming on my body, I had wished for days that this pain would stop, and the constancy of being in and out of consciousness made my stomach weak

I could feel the bruises forming on my body, I had wished for days that this pain would stop, and the constancy of being in and out of consciousness made my stomach weak. But I would continue to fight until I couldn't anymore, this wasn't how my life would be, I refuse to ever think it would.

I let out a moan while sitting up, the pain was unbearable. I knew there were bruises covering my body yet, I adverted my eyes away from them every time. I could not bear to look at them, and then lose myself in the thought of never getting out.

My eyes glanced to the door that squeaked open, Adrianna was closing it behind her. She took one look at me, tears were forming in her eyes. I had to be strong for her, it didn't matter what he did to me, as long as he left her alone. She had become like a little sister, I couldn't imagine what I would do in this place without her.

"Why do you keep fighting him? He will just keep torturing you, until you give him what he wants" She spoke softly, sitting down beside me on the bed.

"Pain only makes you stronger." I shrug, it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the truth either. It made me want to fight harder, but it also made me want to collapse to my knees.

"I won't stop fighting until we leave Adrianna, I will get you out of here."

When her eyes catch mine, they glow. Unlike how her eyes used to just fade into her, now they were full of hope.

"I miss my family every day, I wish I could take back everything, just to be with them again." She sniffles.

She told me about her family, how they were loving and kind. How she was trying her best to make them proud, yet one night when she was at her lowest she was out for a walk when she was hit from behind. And that was how she ended up in this hell hole.

"He told me that he wants dinner in an hour, do you think you're okay to come down with me?" She questions fumbling with her hands.

"I wouldn't let you do it alone."

I couldn't let her be down there alone with him, that was just cruel. I needed to get out of here, I just wanted to be back with Easton, it didn't matter to me what he did anymore, the only place I had felt safe since my mother died, was by his side.

Every day I had thought about the pictures, about the room. It all just didn't make any sense to me, but he would tell me eventually if I were to ever see him again.

I hadn't stopped fighting, no matter how many times I had been tied down, I refused to let Lorenzo touch me, and he punished me for that. Every time I would earn more bruises, more torture. He was trying to break me, make me give in.

Adrianna helped me off of the bed, no matter how much I wanted to scream from the pain going through my body, I put on a brave face for her because today, I was getting the fuck out of this place.

We made it downstairs and into the kitchen within a matter of minutes, every step was painful, yet led me closer to our escape. I helped her prepare the food, for Lorenzo. The amount of food he ate compared to what we got was horrid. Yet after every preparation of food for him, everything in the kitchen was locked up.