"When did we get back?" I asked sitting up and rubbing my head.

"An hour ago, you feel asleep in the car so I thought the couch would be more comfortable." I felt his hand graze mine and I pulled it back, "Lyla, I'm not going to hurt you, tell me what it was about Ly" his words soft.

"Easton, did I make a mistake to trust you. I'm terrified that I made a mistake, and that I'll have to pay for it with my life." I mumble playing with my hands.

"Lyla, I wouldn't let anything happen to you. You are the one person in my life who brings pure joy, I told you last night you make me feel something I've never felt before, why would I ever let anything happen to you," he says picking me up and pulling me onto his lap.

"You, Lyla, you are something rare, the sunshine through a dark day."

His words radiate throughout my mind 'you make me feel something I've never felt before' 'pure joy'. It makes me smile, I feel the nightmare just seeps out of my mind as his words enter. He gives me relief.

I feel myself being immersed against him, his hand runs down my back. A knock on the front door disturbs him and I feel his body tense. "Ill be back," he whispers into my ear, his lips skimming across my neck. I roll off him and bring the blanket closer to me yawning.

I hear Easton's voice raise from the other room, I slowly get off the couch when Joey pops his head into the room. I watch as he glides across the room making his way over before, I turn back around seeing Easton, Dante, and other men. Dante and the other men were all dressed in black suits, no emotions displayed, their expressions cold as ice.

They all looked at me as I was sitting on the couch, I hear Joey cough, "We'll be downstairs Boss." With that Joey stood up walking out of the room and everyone but Easton disappeared with him.

"I have stuff to take care of," his voice cold and closed off, not making eye contact with me. With that he disappeared.

And once again I was alone, with no one.

The night ended as fast as it came, I spent the whole night sitting in my room, I decided a little after 11 that I was going to sleep, my whole body felt tired, I was just missing the warmth of who normally laid beside me. 'Shouldn't have gotten to comfortable with that,' I say to myself before pulling the covers over my head.

I'm pulled out of my dreams when I hear a loud knock at my door. I look to my clock, 3am, I sigh loudly not hearing anything else and pull the covers back over me. The knock happens again only much louder. I get up out of bed, throwing a hoodie over my bare body and open the door, Dante is standing in front of me, he eyes me up and down. I feel like I need to cover myself up from his eyes.

I hear him sigh, "I don't like you, but obviously there's something going on between you and Easton. Easton is drunk downstairs and he refuses to come up, he has requested to see you."

"Well the feeling is mutual," I glare at him, "Give me a second to get dressed," I shut the door and quickly pull some jeans on before opening the door up again to see him standing in the same position.

He walks in front of me leading the way but when we get to the living room he turns to me, "What kind of flowers does Megan like?" He questions. I almost choke on my own saliva.

"Wouldn't you like to know," I say scoffing.

"Lyla, I'm serious." He says grabbing my wrist. I turn and look at him, his eyes have soften, fucking looked weird.

"Well if you must know, she likes lilies, but if you want to impress her get her white roses, cliché but she loves them."

He simply nods his head, no thank you or anything, fucking rude. He leads me to a hall, he opens a door which turns out to be an elevator, kind of cool if you ask me.

When the elevator dings we get off, we are in the basement of Easton's house, there's a whole bar, pool table, I don't even know what else is behind the doors, and I don't think I want to find out.

I see Easton leaned over the bar, his voice is loud, "Get the fuck out."

I watch Joey tense up, "Easton I'm just trying to help you."

"I don't give a fuck about what you're trying to do she's-" He stops mid-sentence when he sees me.

"Lyla," he yells standing up, wobbling a bit. I had to hold in a laugh seeing him drunk, definitely not his best self.

He points form Dante to Joey, "Leave."

Without another word they both walk past me, "you're gonna leave me here alone?" I ask worried.

I feel Joey squeeze my arm, "he wont hurt you, he l-" his sentence is cut short

"Don't fucking touch her Joey, I'll fucking kill you."

With that I'm left alone with the drunk man. "Lyla, I missed you," he slurs walking over to me.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." I say laughing, I take him hand and he follows along like a little child.

The worse part about getting him to his room was the stairs, I might've accidently let him fall on the first step, not my fault. It felt like hours but I finally got him into his bed and was about to leave when he pulled me back.

"Sleep here," I tried to escape him grip, yet he was still strong for being heavily intoxicated.

"You're sooo pretty," he slurs brushing a piece of hair out of my face.

"Easton go to sleep," I say rolling over.

He pulls me back into his chest, "you're mine," he mumbles into the top of my head before I hear his soft snores.

His.