As he was taking off his converse, Minho was brought back to reality with his mother's sudden greeting.

"Hello, mom." He pulled a fake smile as he answered. He saw both of his parents sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Come sit with us. You're tuition classes ended today, right?"

"Yes, mom."

Minho tensed up a little as he made his way to the couch and sat down in the middle of his parents that were sitting on the far corners of the couch.

Minho's mom came closer to him and patted him on the shoulder.

"Are you ready for college, son? Make sure to put all your heart to studies and fulfill all your dreams. Don't forget that, okay?" She softly said to her only son.

Minho offered her a small smile and told her that he remembered and it'd be okay.

As she kept on gossiping about different things she had been doing or places she had found with her friends or jokingly complaining about his dad's annoying nature, Minho gave her all his attention, occassionally nodding, smiling and responding to her remarks with cheesy words.

He knew exactly how to make his mother happy. And that's what he genuinely wanted to do. He loved her.

Despite the fact that she had been one of the biggest reasons he had turned out the way he was.

Despite the fact that he had tried to kill himself just a few nights prior.

Because of her.

Flashback to a few nights prior

"Yeah, come and see me today. I wanna tell you about the guy more." Minho was talking to someone on the phone as he made his way home after his usual classes.

"Can't guarantee, Minho. I have to finish this work I'm doing." The person on the other side of the phone replied.

"So you're not coming, Chan?" Minho sighed as a pout appeared on his face.

He wanted to see his best friend and spill everything he'd been feeling lately; all the depressive periods and also about the one particular guy that had been enlightening his dark dazed days.

"I'm sorry mate. I'll surely make time for you tomorrow yeah?"

"Yeah k bye~"

"Bye!"

As Minho hung up the phone, he entered his house to see his parents already waiting for him in the living room. He greeted them casually and was about to go upstairs when Minho's mom suddenly interrupted him.

"Minho dear, come look at this gorgeous young lady!"

Minho furrowed his eyebrows not understanding why his mom was suddenly wanting to show him a picture of a pretty girl.

"Remember my friend Minjae? It's her daughter Nori. Isn't she really pretty? They're gonna come visit us soon. You should definitely get to know each other." Minho's mom enthusiastically exclaimed.