- Chapter 17 -

Pico's POV

"Keith? What are we doing?" I asked as he was putting on his fingerless arm gloves "We're going to the school Pico, like we planned" he responded. It's been the second day as I had wondered why we were going to school, at least why now. He gave me a black neck mask as I took it and put it over me. "Alright, let's get going" he said "But how are we gonna get there, and what are we even gonna do" I asked "Something, I've been holding off on whether or not we should go, we need to figure what's wrong with you okay? I made a promise remember?" he said as I nodded in agreement. We headed out his room door and downstairs as we made our way to the front door. We put on our shoes as we went out the front heading downtown to my old school.

It was 10:30 am and we had made it downtown. It felt like nostalgia looking at it. Being it was my old town after all. "Hey excuse me?" Keith asked some guy on sidewalk "Where is the school down here" "Down this block and over, you'll see it" he said as he grabbed my hand thanking the homeless guy. It was a long walk until we had finally found it. The school of my traumatic nightmares, here right in front of me. Keith had gotten out a flashlight banging a few times on his hand until it turned on. He gave me a flashlight as I took it with hesitation. I didn't think I'd be going back here since all the things that happened in the past, yet I did want to come back. "Don't worry Pico, once we deal with this and figure this out, we're up and out of here, promise" he said to me as I nodded standing straight up. We went to the school as doors and windows were boarded up like the abandoned school it was. Keith tried to pull some of the boards down as I went around to the windows. It didn't take much strength for those boards as I pull them down for us to get in. "Hey nice, alright let's go in" he said as I helped him up through the window. It was dark and cold as we continued our way down the halls to find the thing that wonders about me every night. "HELLO?" Keith called out "Keith?! What are you doing" I said reactively "I'm just trying to see if anyone's here, I mean this place is abandoned but... there might be homeless people" he stated as we heard steps coming our way. An old man with a familiar tone and voice had walked our way as he greeted with a smile. Reactively I went for my pocket thinking I had a gun as I forgot I left it back home. "Hey you two" the old man said "Hey uh.. we didn't think there would be anyone here still" he mentioned "It's just me, are you two looking for something?" "Well yea, something told me to come to the school, and now we're here" "Isn't this swell, and you must be Pico looking for those answers am I wrong?" he said coming up to me. I had clear memory of what he was, yet he came up to me so nonchalantly. "I wonder why you of all people, came back here, your twisted nightmares that you so hated" he said to me "Let go of me" I said pulling my hand away "I know what we did was bad in the past, but sometimes you have to step away from it Pico" "What are you saying" Keith asked completely unknowing about what happened those years ago "Nothing that concerns boy, but you, if I ask of you to come with me" "Um old man, we- well I barely know you, and I won't let Pico go with some guy that's been hiding out in some abandoned school" Keith said defending me blindly "No no no, you don't understand, a boy with the anger to kill, must be subjugated" he said pulling out a taser. He stabbed me with the taser in my stomach as I fell to the ground. I could here muffled voices along with chatter and laughing. "PICO!! LET ME GO OF ME!! PICO WAKE UP!!" I heard Keith say as I saw him get thrown in a locker. His hat had fell to the ground as one of the guys took it taking me in the process.

I woke up a few minutes later, strapped to a bed. I saw surgical tools to the side of me, covered in the last victims blood. "Oh Pico" I heard the old man say as he walked to the side of me "You should've never came back" "What are you gonna do to me" I said anxiously "Well Pico, we're getting you back into shape, we want our old Pico back" he said as they brought in a brain, damaged beyond means. It was same brain I had surgically removed as four guys brought it in for the old man. "No, why are you doing this" I wondered nervously "To exact my plan after all, we just need your help" he said as he grabbed a gas mask and forcefully put on my face. The gas was meant to put me to sleep as I struggled to get out of these straps. I could feel them rip as my vision started to fade. But by the time I had broke free, my body had shut down as I remained unconscious.