- Chapter 8 -

Cherry's POV

It's been a few days later after what happened at Pico's as I went back to the hospital to get Keith with my parents. The same words I heard from him resonated in my head as I started to have second thoughts about Pico. "Something on your mind hunny?" my mom said "It's Keith... he's been down lately and he's not getting my calls or text messages" I implied "Maybe he wants to be left alone Cherry, you know trauma Cherry, it's a serious thing" my dad said "I know..." I uttered. We arrived at the hospital as I went in first. My parents followed me but I was already far gone as I arrived in his room. He was crunched up to the bed as his stomach was okay again. "Keith?" I uttered. He sat in silence, but I guess it was trauma that made him this way, silent to me at least. "Come on, we're here to pick you okay?" I said. He got up from the bed with over baring shadow over his eyes to the point where I can't see those blue sparkles anymore. We walked down the hall as I held his arm throughout the whole walk. I really wanted what was wrong with him, which is why I stopped him in the middle of the walk. "Heh are you okay? You've been off, very off" I asked worriedly "I'm fine... I think" he assured "You aren't fine, have you been crying?" I said as the shadow over his eyes faded away. Those blue sparkles were a faded pearl now as he wiped his face of his watery eyes. "I'm fine.. trust me okay? Let's just go home..." he said keeping an urge back. Was it something that had to do with Pico I said to myself, why is he so depressed, what actually happened in that house.

We walked down to the lowest level as we saw my parents about to get ready. "Hey darling, you're okay right?" my mom asked "Yea I'm fine.." he answered back "Kinda too bad you can't see YOUR parents, but living in a different town from them has its cons I guess.." my dad implied "Where did you bring that up" "What, it was a solid question, his parents deserve to see him too" "You okay Keith?" I asked. He nodded in reassurance as we made it to the car. Keith opened the door for me as I went in first and he went second. By the time we all got in the car the driver started to drive home as Skid and Pump surprised him from the back. "Hey Keith!!" "We were so worried about you" Skid and Pump said excitedly "The doctors said my ribs were broken apparently.. so they had to do surgery in order to get me back on my feet" Keith responded "At least you are now hehe... hey what about we get into the rest of the things and do a rap battle back home" I suggested "Don't think I won't destroy any of you" my mom implied "Skid, it's about time we show them our secret weapon hehe" Pump implied discreetly "Hopefully that'll up your spirits huh Keith" I said. He sat silently as everyone bickered on who would win in a rap battle.

By the time we made it home everyone got out the car as we go back in the house. Keith was still quiet as I tried to bring somewhere that'll make him feel better. "Hey mom, me and Keith are going out" I said "Don't be gone for too long hun" she responded "I won't" I assured her. We went down the sidewalk as we went down to a familiar spot. By the time we arrived Keith leaned on the speakers as I sat on the tallest one breathing deeply the cold yet soothing air that went around us. I thought this would cheer him up but when I looked at him, it went the complete opposite of what I expected. "Keith?" I called to him "This was where we met... him..." he said effortlessly "Huh?" "We used to rap almost every day... what happened.." "Well... Keith didn't he do bad things to you" "No he didn't, and even if he did that wasn't him doing it, there's something wrong in his brain and that's why he thinks he's dangerous" "But he can't hurt you anymore, on top of that there's a restraining order that was filed between you and Pico" "Who filed that again?" he asked "I did, he was hurting you" I responded "He wasn't hurting me, he wasn't himself and it's my fault I kept ignoring it..." "But that's why he's away now... where he'll get that help" "IN A INSANE ASYLUM?!" "WHERE ELSE?!" I argued back. He looked away as I knew he didn't like me the way he used anymore. I didn't get it, why did he still love him, after what he did. There was definitely something wrong with his head as I got up from stereo speakers and stood by him. He was mad and I could tell, yet he wasn't mad at me. "Keith... I know you've been busy thinking, but when they hurt you severely, you can't just go back to them and feel safe again" "He needs help... he needs my help... he doesn't deserve to be cornered again" "And what if you get hurt again, the what" I implied. He stood in silence as I tried to stay with him. Whatever happened with him and Pico, was now a completely different story to me. I didn't know whether to actually tell if he hurt him or not, and on purpose. I did notice he did have problems with his brain, starting from when we met him he started with the twitching, then the throwing up, then killing those kids in the alleyway, everything felt like a lie though, he was our friend, not some deranged guy you see on the street that took too many drugs, but our friend.

We stayed for a bit at the spot as Keith got tired and started yawning. It was around dawn as the sun came down around the horizon of the buildings. We decided to go home as we walked back to the house. It wasn't far from where we were as I knocked on the door holding Keith's hand. He was still down as I tried to think of things to make him feel better. I sat down with him on the couch as I turned on the TV. We saw Senpai however as he looked concerned. "Hey Keith.." he said. Keith didn't respond as Senpai left the TV letting us watch the TV. "You want something to drink?" I asked "No I'm fine.. just need to breathe a little is all..." he said tired "You wanna sleep now or later" "I can sleep now.. might as well since I'm tired.." he responded. He got up and went to the room where we sleep as I saw suitcase which was by the wall. Keith closed the door as I did snooping around in his suitcase. When I opened it I saw clothes that were Pico's as there was note on a army jacket which said "Stay safe for me, I love you". Though the message was hidden I had assumed it was Pico as I put the note back setting his suitcase back up. That's when my thoughts turned, he did want to protect him, he knew he had these mental problems and he knew this would happen to him. He cared about more of Keith's life than his very own as I went to my leaving them suitcase. By the time I arrived at the door I heard a voice that sounded like Keith talking to someone as I listened in. "Hey Pico... I know you probably don't have your phone right now and I know you're kinda wrapped up right now... but I need you to live for me, let me see you a few more times.. please don't leave... and I love you too..". The call hung up as I walked in seeing Keith quickly put away his phone. "Hey Cherry hehe.." he giggled acting natural "You still are trying to get to him huh? Figures since you two are close" I said "It.. well... I mean he can't answer his phone but I just... wanted to check up on him... I miss him" "I know you do, and we can visit him tomorrow" "We can?!" he said cheerfully. I nodded in assuring him. All I really wanted to do was see his smile again. And if it meant him being with someone else then that's fine by me. I also wanted to see Pico again honestly. He didn't deserve this, and I was willing to help him too. "Who's gonna drive us though?" Keith asked "Well we can ask the people who drive the limousine, there's a bunch of them really and we can ask any of them for a ride there" "But they'll I'm the one with the restraining order" he pointed out. I grabbed the restraining order as I ripped it to shreds proving what pint he had. "Oh shit" he said surprised "Right now he needs you, I plan on getting you there" I assured again. It was late though as I yawned getting some clothes to sleep in for the night. Keith went to lay down looking at his phone as I went out the room for a bit to take a shower.

Time passed as I was laying with Keith on the bed. Then a question came through my head as I decided to ask him about it. "Hey Keith?" I called "Yea?" he responded "Are you really bi?" "Yea, what made you ask that" "I was wondering about it, and I never actually asked you before who you prefer" "Well I prefer both genders, would you believe me if I said when I first saw you I got a boner" "Ew gross hehe.." I responded. I giggled a little bit while I let him have his laugh. It was already getting late as he fell asleep with his phone on his chest. I fell asleep as well beside him as we let the night pass by to another day.