Chapter 3

You slipped on your hero costume in the changing room. You checked multiple times that each pre-made antidote was in the small pouch attached to your belt, of course only in case you lost control of your quirk again. You let the half gas mask hang below your neck, you didn't actually need the mask because you are immune to your own toxin but you thought it would look cool.

You took a good minute to look at yourself in the mirror. Trying to push away any anxiety for today's training. Of course you were nervous, you knew that anytime you had to fight in groups you were destined to mess up. Plus today was special training, who knows how much this will affect your grade. You huffed and worked up the courage to exit the changing rooms.

"You look.. not like normal Y/n..? Are you okay, you seem off." Mina said, stepping beside you.

"Nothing, I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night, I stayed up studying." You partially lied.

"Me and you both know that's not true, you can go days without sleep, what's really bothering you?" She stopped walking which made you come to a halt as well.

"She saw right through that, I mean what do I expect when it comes to her. She is my best friend after all.." You thought.

"Ugh fine. Just nervous about today's training and the whole "we have to work in partners" thing. I just don't wanna mess up like I always do in this type of stuff." You admitted.

"Don't worry, you'll do great, plus if you mess up you're still great at other things. There's no big deal in making mistakes, it's how we learn." She tried to comfort you.

"Thanks Mina.." You mutter continuing to walk to where the teachers are grouped.

There were multiple pro hero's talking with each other, You saw AllMight, Mic, Midnight, ErasureHead and Best-Jeanist.

"Great.. A whole lot of pro hero's to embarrass myself in-front of." You mumbled under your breath.

"Good morning young heroes!" AllMight announced in his iconic voice. It was only a matter of time until he coughed out blood and returned to his normal state.

"As you can see I've gathered multiple heroes to help me today, since I am in no shape to fight." He exhaled. "But I still hope today will be successful like any other day." He said with an attempt to smile.

"Today's training will be different than others. Take it as a mid year check in on how well you're doing. This will not be calculated towards your grades though." Eraserhead explained.

You exhaled at the last statement, some tension leaving your body.

"But those who fail at their tasks will be put in a week long training camp taught by yours truly and AllMight, this will replace your week long break coming up. So I hope that will make you guys work harder." ErasureHead spoke once more.

"There goes all that relief." You thought and rolled your eyes.

"As for today's lesson. You will be working in teams of two. As a pro hero it is very important to work in groups rather than by yourself, teamwork is essential. So you and a random partner will be chosen to fight a random hero. And yes don't worry, they will go easy on you, I have also made them wear these heavy weights around their arms and legs just like before." AllMight reassured the crowd.

The heroes began to put on their weights as AllMight took a step closer to announce the groups.

"Okay.. So Kaminari is with Bakugo, Ausi with Iida, Y/l with Yaoyorozu.." AllMight went on, but you didn't care to pay more attention after he called your group. You froze, you didn't know to either be more stressed or just flat out die on the spot. You heard the gravel underneath you crunch as a person approached to stand beside you.

You looked over to see Yaoyorozu standing next to you. You panicked even more, your whole body stood there like a plastic doll, not knowing what to say or do.

"So, we're partners huh.. Don't mess me up. Let me take the lead." She said flatly.

You nodded slowly. You watched as Denki and Bakugo fought against Mic.

"Should we make a plan? I mean we're both pretty smart. That's our best option." You suggested.

"Are you saying I'm not strong enough on my own?" She said in an offended tone.

"No no! I just thought-.." You threw your hands in-front of you and continuously shook your head, Yaoyorozu quickly cut you off.

"I'm sorry that was uncalled for.. I'm just Er.. a little stressed about this." She said, looking at the ground.

You were confused by her quick change in behaviour but shook it off.

"A plan sounds good." She spoke again.

"Great!" You clasped your hands together and you and Yaoyorozu began to make a plan for your upcoming battle.