Chapter 1

You slept peacefully, face in arms. It was quiet and peaceful until your slumber was interrupted by a light tap on the shoulder. You quickly perked up and that's when you came back to reality, the bright school lights blinded, the mixed voices from multiple different students filled your ears.

"Huh..?" You muttered quietly.

"Y/n! Jeez girl you're a mess. Do you get any sleep?" Mina nagged as she tried to fix your messed up h/c hair.

"No, too much studying last night. I need to keep my average in the high 90s." You explained while rubbing your eyes.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you're gonna wear yourself down." Mina said with full concern.

"Yeah Mina's right, you shouldn't push yourself so much. You deserve a break." Sero added.

"Awe thanks guys. But don't worry so much, I'll be fine. Only once I graduate a hero I'll lay off." You told them, gaining your energy back.

"At least eat, we can't have one of UA's smartest student starving on us." Mina said.

"Fine." You sighed while shoveling school food in your mouth. It wasn't great yet it still was better than nothing.

"Did you hear we have a lot of training coming up soon? A bunch of other pro hero's are coming to help too!" Sero said excitedly.

"Great more training." You huffed. "But if it's what I have to do to become the world's greatest hero I'll do whatever it takes."

"That's the spirit. I just can't wait to kick some butt." Mina cheered while the smile on her face grew. "Ooo Y/n we'd make such a good team!" She nudged you.

"Mina we've been over this, my quirk and your quirk don't mix well, remember when we nearly melted the whole school training arena? And how furious Mr. Aizawa was?" You said sternly, trying not to get the second hand embarrassment again.

"I knowwww." She sighed.

"You and Sero make a good team." You suggested.

"Trust me, we've tried. Mina just ended up melting my tape. It wasn't pretty." Sero and Mina both laughed.

"Still, we made a good team." Mina grinned. "You bet!" Sero agreed with a thumbs up.

"Oh oh! You would do great with Yaoyorozu!" Mina finally came to a conclusion.

"No no no. See I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me, ever since I passed her in multiple exams and tests. Last time I checked she was like the smartest student until I came along. If I was her I'd be pissed too." You threw your hands up in defence and shook your head.

"..." Mina sat there and thought.

"Look, I do better on my own. Last time I tried to team up with someone at my old middle school I knocked them out with my toxins by accident." You said with a pang of embarrassment.

"But heroes do better in groups!" Sero declared.

"Not this one."

"Fine, you can be lonely if you want to." Mina huffed.

"Just because I'm independent doesn't mean I'm lonely. I'm just a loner. Look where that got me. I have amazing friends, amazing marks and I'm in an amazing school. I'll be just fine." You explained.

They both nodded yet they still didn't seem too convinced.

You finished your lunch along with Sero and Mina. You got up with your tray that had leftover broth in the bowl that sat on it. You weren't paying attention until you came into collision with another body. As if everything happened in slow motion you watched the bowl flip and spill on the other person's white top.

"Oh my god.." You muttered as your eyes grew wide. You finally realized who you just ran into.

"Agh." A feminine voice gasped as the tray and bowl hit the ground with a clash.

The cafeteria grew quiet, quiet enough for you to hear the multiple gasps around the room. The tension filled the air, it was thick enough it could be cut with a knife.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry.. Oh lord..Er Sorry!" Your words clashed together as you tried to spit out an apology quickly.

Yaoyorozu stood there dumbfounded as the broth dripped from her shirt. Your face grew red in embarrassment as people began to go back to what they were doing. The same cafeteria chatter filled the room again.

"I.. I have an extra shirt.. I can.. I can grab it for you!" You panicked.

"No that won't be necessary Y/l. I have one of my own." She said your last name coldly. She tried to hide her anger yet it was very much visible in her eyes.

"Uh.. Okay, sorry." You repeated.

"Mhm." She said flatly. "Next time watch where you're going." She said in a bland tone and walked past you while bumping into your shoulder. Her pissed off presence still haunted you.

You turned around quickly to look at Mina, Sero and Denki. They all looked just as shocked as you.

"Can one of you please kill me."