Mini Story: True Hell (Angst)

It was the day of the funeral. The bros disguised as humans went to the human world, and attended the funeral. They saw you lying peacefully in your coffin, and they couldn't help but cry. When you went back to the human world, you wound up dying in a car accident almost as soon as you got home. They were very sad when Diavolo told them about the accident. If you were never sent home, if the exchange program had never ended, you'd still be alive, smiling with that smile the bros love so much. But, they'll never see that smile again. They hoped you'd be at peace in the Celestial Realm, maybe see you again as an angel...however, the Celestial Realm was not what it seemed to be.

[In the Celestial Realm]

You woke up as an angel. However, you didn't feel any peace. There was a hole in your heart where your happiness was supposed to be. As you were guided around the Celestial Realm, you asked if you'd be given permission to go to the Devildom. However, one of the archangels told you something you'd not forget. "I'm sorry," he said, "you're not given permission to go anywhere. Not even to the human world."

"Why?" You asked.

"You only just became an angel, and your purity is very unique in the eyes of some of the angels. We don't want another incident to occur."

"Incident?" You asked.

"The Great War..." he said.

Oh right, the brothers fell while trying to protect Lilith. "So why can't I?" You asked again.

"Demons may tarnish your purity and we don't want that for a newborn angel. And angels being in contact with humans is also very risky. They might develop...feelings..."

So they're worried the past would repeat itself. "But I'm not Lilith!" You said, "I won't do stuff like that! So please...I just want to see Lucifer and his brothers...just to see if they're okay..."

The archangel said no more, leaving you be. You opted not to view the rest of the Celestial Realm, and went straight to your new room.

[Time skip]

A lot of time had passed, and every time you tried to sneak out to go to either the human world or the Devildom, you were always stopped. Luke was constantly trying to cheer you up, but the hole in your heart wouldn't fill up. Part of you was trying to fall from there, but the angels stopped you before you could succeed. It was getting harder to sleep, you wouldn't eat, and you didn't feel like an angel should. You'd ask Simeon how the demon brothers are doing, and just knowing they're okay made you happy. "They're doing good," he'd always say, "I'll be sure to tell them you miss them."

However, that happiness didn't last. You felt more empty as time went by, and you wanted to find an escape from it all, but who knows what'll happen to you if you died as an angel? Too scared to find out, you continued to emotionally suffer. Who knew the Celestial Realm was more hellish than the Devildom?

[A/n: Sorry for the angst (and the fact that it's short), I'm just trying to find excuses for one shots.]