43

"So hows the list looking?" Rory asked has he jumped onto the bed next to Eden, who was scrolling on her phone she didnt reply she just simply looked at her notes app.

"We now have 7, we need to get that down to 2" Eden sighed rolling into his chest.
"Can I help?" Rory sincerly asked.
"Of course, it is your life too that will be impacted of course you get to help" Eden told him

Rory wanted to help her, he remembered how hard it was to choice his fellowships and he only had 4 hospitals wanting him Eden has 7. He wanted it to be her choice where they went as he had this year to shine its now her turn and he was excited for the adventure with Eden.

"Tell me the list" Rory smiled stroking her hair gently.
"We have Southern califonia, NYU,
John hopkins, Wake Forrest, Cleveland, chicago, oh and Catherine Avery offered me a fellow ship at Bingham as they want to train more female plastic surgeons. Can you just make the choice for me?" Eden begged.
"No i cant do that. This is your decision" Rory laughed.

"Is Derek here?" Eden asked "maybe he can make the decision for me" Eden started to say then back tracked "no he would tell me to go to bingham as hes going to Boston"
"Not helpful?" Rory asked
"Nope"

"Is mark here?"
"He will tell you to stay in seattle"
"Yeah yeah he will, i know i will call mama she always knows what to say"

"She will say NYU unless thats where you want to go"

"I dont know, Rory" eden moaned.

"Why dont you tell me about each one and we will tick each of the list.?"
"Lets do it, first one?" Eden asked.

"South Califonia"
"Hmm, has a pretty good programme, they want Mark to do some talks thats why they want me. We will be close to disneyland, Mark and Derek took me once before they left for college with all of the shephards and we will be close to Amelia and Addison, oh not sure if Addison would like mark that close"
"Okay so what we thinking stay on the list or off the list?"
"Off the list" Eden confidently answered with her eyes closed "i like this way which is next?"

"NYU, nancy and Liz were both on the interview panel, they both work their both on the baord, i will always be baby Abbott but its close to Dad and Mama"
"So you would only go for family not for the programme?"
"Yeah so off the list"

"Okay next is John hopkins, its the best peds hospital in the country"
"Your not going for a peds fellowship"
"No, i was thinking of you"
"In this moment be selfish dont think of me think of your carer" Rory smiled, Eden wasnt too sure if she was happy to be selfish it wasnt really her.

Rory wanted to make this slightly easier for her without taking the decision making out of her hands.
"John Hopkins off the list" Eden smiled with relief "next is Wake forrest North carolina"

The minute she heard the hospital name she smiled with excitement.
"Its on the other side of the country but they didnt me for my dad or brother, they have the top best research labs and ORs and plastic units with all the toys and gadgets we dream off and when my fellow ship is done they have already offered me an attending position, they have a seperate burns unit that i can work half my week in, there plastics depertment is like divided in it cosmetics, Ent, burns and reconstruction, they all have dedicated buildings and staff unlike seattle where its just an extra room or on a different floor and I can work in all these departments or just one" Eden said wide eyes and excited.

Rory knew this was the hospital this was where they were going.
"And they offered you the head of their pediatric trauma department you will finally get to work in both of your specialities. Double certified Doctor Matthews" Eden teased kissing him.
"Hmm they did but this is your decision i will go where you go" Rory reminded her.
"Stay on the list" They both said together.

"Next is cleveland"
"Oh off the list" Eden smally and bluntly spoke.
"What happened?"
"They spent the whole interview just talking about my dad, how they would love him to do a series of lectures and to start his project in their hospital. They dont want doctor Eden Abbott they want Doctor Simon Abbotts little girl. So off the list"

"That was easy, Next Chicago"
"They offered me a plastics research lab, so they are staying on the list" Eden excitedly but shortly spoke.
"Bingham?" Rory asked
"You cant say no to catherine Avery but she only wants me to see my dad when he visits and she doesn't like the fact that her son is going into plastics so im not sure." Eden hesitated thinking through the pros and cons of Bingham "off the list".

"You have your top two, Wake Forrest and Chicago"
"And seattle" Eden smiled.

"Rory, i really like what your parents did after they finished college went on a road trip to decide where they would raise their family some where new some where full of adventure"
"North carolina or chicago will be our next adventure" Rory smiled excited as he pulled Eden on top of him tickling her causing her to laugh and wiggle about trying to get away from him but he kept pulling her back to him.

Eden then had an idea to stop the tickling she spun around planting her lips onto rorys then slowly crawled ontop of him, the moment turned more passionate and the tickling stopped.
The tickling had now been stopped and clothes were thrown on the floor, as the moment became far more passionate as they had the house to them selves so they were enjoying the very rare moment of not worrying some ome would walk in to ask a question or share their problems they were taking great advantage of the silence.