14

Eden walked into a on call room, she didnt even check if it was empty, she didnt care if it was, she just need 5 minutes to try and get her mum out of her head, as she forcefully pushed the door shut behind her, Rory slipped in just in time.

He didnt say anything, just pulled her close to him as they both fell on to a bed.

"Eden, you lost 2 patients in one shift, neither died because of you, you did everything you could, i watched you spend most of your day not practicing medicine but making a young girls last day comfortable and as pain free as possible, miss low wasnt your fault, i know you ran all the tests you needed to there was no indicator that she was going to code and you tried all you could to being her back. These are not your fault" Rory spoke into her hair.

"3" Was all Eden answered
"3?" Rory questioned
"I lost 3 people in the last 24 hours" Eden clarified.

Rory caught sight of the clock silently ticking on the wall it was half 10, this time yesterday he was just about to take Eden home, this time yesterday mark found his mum passed out on his hotel  bathroom floor. This time yesterday Mark had to prepare himself to tell his baby sister that their mum was died. Eden had lost 3 people in the last 24 hours.

Rory didnt say anything, he just hugged her tighter, kissing her forhead which silently told Eden 'Im here for you'.

The two of them just sat on the bed in slient with Edens head on Rorys shoulder with his head laying on top of hers and his hand rubbing her back.

Their silence was then broken with a light knock on the on call room door.
"Eden, sweetie are you in there?" Mama shephard asked through the door trying to find Eden.

"Do you want me to let her in" Rory whispered, Eden shock her head.

"I just want to go home" Eden whispered.
"I will take you home" Rory told her as he stood up holding his hand out for her to take which she did once she was standing Rory wrapped his arm around Edens waist.

Eden then abruptly stopped "no no I cant go home, they will find me and I just cant".
"Come back to mine, i have a fridge full of ice cream that needs eating and a list of films i keep meaning to watch so movie night?" Rory offered
"Yes please" Eden said thankful

Eden stopped in the door way of the oncall room slightly scaring rory "i was going to introduce you to mama shephard today"
"There will be other times. You are my focus" Rory smiled.

Rory then took Eden out of the on call room to his car. She was silent the whole time which was unlike her she was usually pretty chatty and she was shaking. Rory understood they had all been there losing a patient but losing two patients the day after she loses her, he could just imagine the pain that causes even if you are close or not with your mum.