"!"

Ralvol opened the gates in a frenzy and let the horse dash in.

If he were to open it even a second late, it would've turned into a huge accident.

*neigh*

"That was fun" chuckled Angelica, getting down from the saddle.

Suddenly she heard a familiar grumpy voice from behind.

"Why are you here?"

Gilbert furrowed his brows and looked at the young lady with an annoyed face. He was standing with the help of his cane dressed in his pajamas.

'Pissed off as always'

"Is he alright?" asked Angelica, looking at Ralvol ignoring Gilbert's question

"How would he be alright! You were charging like the horseman of death" Gilbert snarled at her.

"I didn't mean to you know..." Angelica pouted averting her eyes. It had been quite a while since they last saw each other and this was how he was treading her.

"Hah..hah" Ralvol was on the ground clutching his chest. He was panting from the adrenaline rush to his head. 

Although felt as if he just had a heart attack, Ralvol managed to force a smile. For the things he had seen from working for Gilbert, he deserved a better pay.

"I'm.....I'm fine"

Thinking of asking for another pay raise, Ralvol slowly got to his feet and staggered as he made his way toward them.

"Take the horse to the shed" Gilbert yelled at Ralvol and turned to Angelica.

"You. Get in"

"Where is uncle Greg?" Angelica asked looking around.

Greg was Gilbert's primary assistant. He was from the western dwarf village, which was a little far from the Finnel mountains.

In contrast to Gilbert's temper tantrum personality, he had a heart of gold. He was friendly with Angelica and at times even helped her to bunk classes.

"He's gone to visit his family" Gilbert answered without turning back.

'Probably due to the continuous storms' Angelica nodded to herself. As a person who saw the damages first hand, she knew how tough it would have been for uncle Greg.

"What are you doing, nodding like a bobblehead. Follow me!"

Gilbert led her to his research room on the east side of the mansion. It was also the most secured room equipped with multiple security devices and incantations.

The research room occupied an entire floor. It was filled with peculiar equipment and books scattered everywhere. 

The room looked like it needed some serious cleaning. But Gilbert wouldn't agree to that since he preferred to keep things 'messy and visible' rather than 'arranged and invisible'

'Looks more like a haunted house'

Angelica took a seat at an armchair near Gilbert's desk and looked at him buzzing through the room like a bumblebee.

Gilbert pulled out an orb about the size of an ostrich egg, after rummaging through a dusty box at the corner of the room. He strode towards his desk with a deep frown on his face and settled down.

"I heard you got married" Gilbert said with a smirk.

"It is the hottest topic in Volos. To the point that it even reached me"

"Yeah....kind of" Angelica rolled her eyes.

"Although I wouldn't exactly put it like that. I guess... in a way I did"

"Hmmm... God bless the poor soul that got caught in the demon's clutches" Gilbert closed his eyes and prayed to the goddess. He was sincerely praying for the unfortunate individual who got crafting her clutches.

Angelica's face twisted from hearing his words. If anything she was the one who narrowly escaped from the handsome crazy demon.

"Anyway.." Gilbert continued,

"How is my prodigy student? It's been so long since I've seen him"

"Heh..." Angelica scoffed.

"He's doing great. Great enough to drug his sister's drink"

"What?!" Gilbert exclaimed, startled by her statement. He couldn't believe his own ears.

"He did what?"

"It's exactly as I said" said Angelica, shrugging her shoulders.

"All I remember was having a cup of tea with him. And the next time I open my eyes, I found myself in a stranger's bed"

"Quite the criminal prodigy you have"

"My goodness!" Gilbert banged his hands on the desk.

"Relax, Grandpa" Angelica tried to calm him down. She walked towards him and made him sit back.

But in reality, she wanted to rile Gilbert up to the point that he would want to beat Clive into a  pulp the next time he sees him.

'It's a subtle revenge..hehe'

"How dare he" He continued to grumble under his breath.

"What about you?"

"As you can see, I made it out in one piece" Angelica waved her hands.

"Though I'm sure it's going to be very noisy for a few days"

Angelica beamed towards a confused Gilbert.

"Because I just died"