Chapter 30

The urge to pick at your newly completed stitches is absolutely overwhelming, but somehow your arms manage to stay crossed and unmoving towards the wound.

You've perched yourself in an arm chair facing toward the window in your room, with all of the lights off and subtle music emanating from a radio you stole from the training room.

Smooth jazz fills the air as you watch the expanse of space slowly but surely move outside.

The sound of your door opening draws you back into the room, you don't have to look to know who it is.

Kylo's tall frame makes its way next to you, you notice he isn't wearing a mask.

"Let me see," He says plainly before grabbing your chin with his bare hand and moving your face toward him.

His eyes scan the brutal mark he inflicted as he continues to hold your chin.

Hazel eyes glimmer towards your own, before glancing towards your lips quickly and returning with a softer gaze.

Time seems to stop as he leans forward, your noses only an inch apart.

"I'm not tired of looking at you, actually it seems that watching you is all I can do," Kylo whispers remorsefully.

A small huff of air escapes your mouth in pure shock, surprised by his sudden change in demeanor.

Your eyes close as he moves toward your face, gently pressing his lips against the cut on your cheek.

He disappears as quickly as he appears, your eyelids remained pressed shut long after the door slides closed behind him.

Your heart feels like it's shattering into a million pieces, splaying across the galaxy as the Finalizer cruises forward.

Every day you gain footing in the fight for Ben Solo, and today was a remarkable win.

But at the same time, when Ben does return, will you be able to forgive him for everything Kylo has done to you?

You open your eyes, surprised when you find yourself back in the ruins of your aunt and uncle's home.

Your stomach drops and panic rises through your chest, you glance around wildly trying to figure out what is happening.

A coldness overwhelms your arm and you look down to find Selene's skeletal hand firmly gripping your own.

Horrified, you jump up from the ground but the hand is unrelenting and pulls you back toward the decaying bones that once supported your aunt.

A scream leaps from your lungs as Adelaide's molten face replaces your aunt's skull.

"Look at what you've done, Y/N," Her voice speaks from her melted lips. "You brought him to us, you killed us."

Sobs rake your body as you listen to the girl speak.

"I'm so sorry, I never meant for any of this," You plea through heavy breaths.

"Of course you meant for this to happen, it's in your blood," Adelaide rattles.

Her words affirm your deepest insecurity, practically stabbing a knife through your chest.

You yank your arm as hard as possible against the hand's restraint, but get nothing.

"Please, I'm not like that!" You scream pitifully.

Heaving, you close your eyes again and try to swallow.

"You're not like what?" A different, though familiar voice questions confusedly.