Chapter 20

Your pupils shrink as your ship descends quickly through the Naboolian atmosphere, your surroundings becoming brighter.

You haven't been to Naboo in a few years, the last time was for a mission, so there wasn't any time to visit with family.

Luscious green foliage spreads across the terrain, complementing the midnight blue water of the many lakes scattering the planet. You can't help the smile that spreads across your face as your home town comes into view.

The glimmering rooftops of Dee'ja Peak hidden within the Gallos Mountain Range captivate your view, your stomach erupts in excited butterflies.

"S2, turning off autopilot," You tell the droid as you begin to direct the ship towards the massive waterfall you used to play near.

You steer the X-wing underneath the falling water, S2 chirps in excitement as the liquid cascades over the spacecraft.

Dee'ja Peak locals are known for not supporting the royalty for their consistent associations with threatening groups, like the Empire, and now the First Order. This is where Naboolians come to escape, while still having the comfort of their home planet. So, you have no worry about First Order sympathizers, the Dee'ja locals won't stand for that.

You slowly lower the ship into one of the spaceport hangars, and promptly shut off the engine when you hit the ground.

"C'mon S2," You say towards the warbling droid.

A spritely attendant begins to walk towards you with a holopad and a grin as you climb down the ladder.

"Welcome to Dee'ja Peak! What's the reason for your visit?" The young attendant asks.

She has dark brown hair that shines red in direct sunlight, and curious green eyes. You can't help but notice how familiar she looks. She can't be more than sixteen years old.

"I'm from here, I came back to visit some family. I won't be here very long," You respond, sounding more sad than originally anticipated.

The girl nods in response and types on her holopad.

"Oh that's wonderful! Can I get your first and last name?" She questions kindly.

"Y/F/N Y/L/N," You say, but before you finish your last name she gasps.

"Y/N?" She asks with pure shock covering her features.

You stand awkwardly, confused with her behavior.

"Yeah?"

"I'm Adelaide, I'm not sure if you remember me. We met once when you visited," She tells you and you furrow your eyebrows, trying to remember an Adelaide.

You begin to see visions of a toddler running in your aunt's backyard, pushing her short brown hair out of her face. She had chocolate all over her face and hands, but had managed to not stain the yellow sundress that covered her small frame.

Your stomach drops in realization.

"Cousin!" You exclaim, pulling her into a tight embrace.

The two of you laugh as you hug.

"Where have you been, Y/N?" She asks as you both pull away.

"Not important, look how grown up you are now!" You yell, taking in her appearance.

"Are you here to see my parents?" Adelaide questions.

"Yes, actually," You tell her.

"I have to finish my shift here, I've still got around an hour, but I can give you directions if you don't remember how to get there!" She informs you, and you grin.