Chapter 10: Task One ˖⁺ ☁⋆

The Day of the First Task

Today was the day. The day I am so very worried about- the first task. I woke up very early today just to help Harry prepare for the task. Well er- more like annoy him. He wasn't really appreciating my help.

Later on in the afternoon I ran into Cedric's group of friends, they seemed to be handing out badges with 'Potter Stinks!' on them.

"Hey hey! Wood!" One of his friends said as they motioned for me to take a badge. "I'm not taking that badge." I scoffed.

"Come on Wood, it's true-" One of them groaned. "It wasn't his doing." I spoke sternly. One of them threw the badge at me as it flashed between Cedric and Harry. I clenched my fists and my knuckles turned white.

"Don't get all fussy, you know it's the truth." One of them laughed. Their pretty petty for a Hufflepuff. 

"Oh really?-" I was interrupted by a familiar voice. "Quite nagging her on." 

I looked over my shoulder to see Cedric staring disapprovingly to his friends. "She was tryin' to tell us it wasn't Harry's fault!" The friend groaned. "It wasn't. Now, can you stop giving those to people?!" Cedric asked sternly.

His friends only laughed and he rolled his eyes. "Sorry Y/n, their being jerks." He apologized and put a hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright- I just don't want Harry to see them. I don't want him to be under anymore stress." I frowned. 

He grinned at me. "I'll try to get rid of these things before you can even say-" He got interrupted by Hermione.

"Evanesco." Hermione spoke as she pointed her wand at the box of 'Potter stinks' badges.

All of his friends groaned in annoyance and ran off somewhere. "How dare you even do that to your team mate." Hermione scoffed and folded her arms.

"It wasn't my idea." Cedric frowned.

Hermione's face turned red in embarrassment. "Well- erm-" She couldn't find the right words so she immediately ran off.

I chuckled at her odd behavior and waved Cedric a goodbye to go after her.

"That was pretty Bad-ass." I laughed once I caught up to her. "I know." She smirked.

I giggled at her. "What were you doing with the Hufflepuffs anyways?" She cocked her eyebrow.

"I was just trying to talk some sense into them." I rolled my eyes. She grinned at me.

Hermione and I were talking and walking to our class when we over heard two students talking. "Like the badge?" One boy asks. "Excuse me?" Said a boy with a voice oh so familiar it made our heads snap in their direction. My eyes widened when I saw that Harry had found out about the badges.

They suddenly shoved Harry out of the way and continued walking. I quickly ran over and helped him up. "Are you alright?" I asked. "Yeah, I need to have a word with Cedric." He said as he dusted off his clothes.

"It wasn't his idea. I already talked to him." I responded.

All Harry did was nod his head. I frowned at him. "Hey, how about we skip class and take a walk? yeah?" I ask. "Sure."

We walked around outside for a while. Harry didn't look like he was in a good mood, he looked quite sad. We decided to stop under a large tree. "What's the matter?" I asked him. No reply.

"Harry?" I said dragging out the 'Y'

"I'm just- nobody understands that I didn't put my name in the goblet." He frowns. "At least Hermione, Ron, and I understand." I smiled.