Chapter 7: The Goblet ˖⁺ ☁⋆

October 10th

Quite a few weeks had gone by since Harry and Cho's break up. Harry seemed to be dealing with it very well. In my opinion it was just a silly little fling that most 14 year olds having during school.

Harry and I started to walk to classes together again and Cho and Cedric were very happy together. Cho and I even became great friends. We would often hang out in Hogsmeade together. She often tells me she was confused and Harry was her first real boyfriend. I completely understand what she means.

There's lots talk going on about a Triwizard tournament that's happening soon. I believe in November?   

We will be finding out tonight though. I can't quite remember what Dumbledore had said at the beginning of the year.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here we are. Seated in a room around Dumbledore as he speaks. 

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Dumbledore informed.

"Wicked." Fred spoke. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." 

Harry looked at me. "You're not entering." I said firmly. He grinned at me and looked back at Professor Dumbledore. 

"After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament.
This decision is final." Dumbledore said sternly. Just then everyone started booing. A rush of relief sent over me. 

Thank Merlin Harry wont be entering this.

"That's rubbish!" The twins shouted in unison. I looked behind me and glared at them as they sniggered.

"Silence!" Dumbledore's booming voice spat. Just then, a goblet with bright blue flames appeared in the middle of the room causing everyone to gasp.

"What is that?" Parvati Patil questioned.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

+++++++++++++++++++++

"You aren't thinking about finding a way to enter are you?" Hermione asked Harry as we walked to the great hall for the feast.

"There is no way. It's impossible. I'm sure Dumbledore charmed the goblet." Harry spoke. 

"Just ask someone to sneak your name in." Ron said. "Don't give him ideas!" I snapped at him. "Ronald! Don't you understand how dangerous the tasks are?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Merlin! Stop arguing. I'm not entering the bloody tournament!" Harry shouted. It went quite for at least a minute before Ron decided to open his big mouth.

"The task's aren't even dangerous Hermione. I could do them easy peasy." Ron said with too much confidence in his voice. 

Hermione scoffed. "Oh please, you wouldn't even be able to stay conscious from all the people cheering." She snapped.