Blast From The Past.

Charlie was woken by the strong smell of coffee. She groaned softly and stretched her legs as she opened her one eye to see that it was morning already, the sun was out but Marcus must have drawn the curtains hence it didn't feel harsh to Charlie's eyes. She didn't have to turn around to see that Marcus was not in bed with her. She tossed to the other side anyway, to see a very wearisome-looking Marcus leaning against the doorframe of the door of the room. Charlie knitted her eyebrows, "What's wrong?" She asked while her head was still resting on the pillow. Marcus heaved a sigh and with the scorching cup of coffee in his hand, he stepped into the room, "There is a very depressed Silas downstairs," He pointed out for Charlie to chuckle, "I am already late for work by he won't go home. He is here since seven in the morning and now it is nine. I think I am going to kick him out," Marcus complained. Charlie tittered and sat straight, pushing her hair back, "Don't be mean. Let me freshen up – I will deal with him." She replied.

"This is not how I wanted to wake up in the morning," Marcus sat on the bed. He offered her his coffee at which she wrinkled her nose, "It is black," she said. Marcus glanced down at his cup and chuckled, "Oh, I forgot. You can't stand bitterness." He said softly. Charlie smiled and tilted her head, "How did you want to wake up this morning?" She asked as she kept her eyes down at the wrinkled sheets. Marcus searched for her eyes but she didn't lift them to look back at him. He chuckled, "Hmm," he hummed and twisted his mouth before continuing, "I would have loved to wake up by the scent of your shampoo while you slept with your head on my chest while I have you in my arms. Or by small kisses – either one of us giving each other. I would have loved to wake up and stay in bed with you until I was very, very late for work," He said hoarsely. Charlie was flushed. She couldn't remove the smile off her face – she lifted her gaze and look at him as he heaved a sigh, "I had absolutely no plan of waking up by a phone call from my brother at six in the morning, asking me what kind of dog he should adopt," He said before rolling his eyes unimpressively. Charlie laughed, "What? Silas is getting a dog?" She asked amusingly.

Marcus huffed, "Like he can take care of a dog – the man can barely take care of himself," Marcus complained. Charlie smiled and pushed her hair behind her ear, "Maria always wanted a dog, but Silas never got one because he believed it was too much work," she shrugged. Marcus exhaled and closed his eyes briefly as he realized, "This is why he is getting a dog – because of the guilt," He pointed out at which Charlie nodded her head. She got it as soon as she heard he was getting a dog. "Charlotte, we can't let him have a dog," Marcus said sternly. She knitted her eyebrows together, "Why not? Maybe this way Silas will be able to feel better," She suggested. "Yes, but the poor dog will not!" Marcus pointed out. Charlie laughed and placed her hand over his on which he had his weight placed on, "Come on, don't be like that. I am sure Silas will take good care of him," Charlie said positively.

Marcus heaved another sigh, "I don't know," he mumbled. "Anyway, for the last two hours, he has been babbling about dogs and other pets and relationships and Maria and well, um – him hearing a man's voice in the back when the last time he talked to her. I am pretty sure that trigger this dog adopting idea in his head," Marcus told her. Charlie puckered her lips, "But, Maria is not seeing anyone right now," She told him. "That is what I have been trying to explain to him, but I swear Silas doesn't understand. It could be anyone but, no – now he is afraid that she is moving on without him." He told her. Charlie was feeling bad for Silas – he truly loves her. If only they could have their happy ending.

Charlie bit her lower lip, "How about this? Let me talk to Silas, while you go and get ready for work." She asked him. Marcus gave it a thought before he slowly nodded his head, "All right," He mumbled. She was about to step out of the bed when Marcus held her by the wrist – forcing her to sit back down – a lot closer to him this time. "Oh," she exclaimed as she sat with a force. Marcus glanced at her lips before looking back into her eyes, "Can I get a kiss?" He asked in a whisper. Charlie immediately put her hand over her mouth and shook her head, "I haven't brushed my teeth yet," His voice came out in a muffle. Marcus chuckled and take her hand off her mouth, "I don't care," he mumbled and leaned in. He positioned his face and softly land his lips over hers. Charlie had her lips sealed while Marcus soft bite her lower lip, softly tugging it between his teeth. Charlie hand her eyes closed as she let out a gasp.