-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what time do you guys need to be at the airport?" my Mom asked as we were finishing up dinner.

She had thought it appropriate to go all out and cook my favorite meal before I walked out of the door, leaving the old life I knew as I headed into a new life filled with surprises behind every door. I took a bite of the juicy pot roast she had cooked, savoring the moment knowing that I would never get anything that was home cooked like this for a long time-unless of course I made it myself-before grabbing my water and taking a long drink.

"We have to be there by 8:00. My manager has it set up so that we can get through security quickly and board the plane" Austin said, his hand resting on my thigh as he started to rub it slowly.

"You're not in private jet status yet?" my Dad asked, his tone slightly cheeky as I shot him a gaze across the table. It was very clear that he was still not happy that I was leaving to go be with Austin and my Dad being my Dad he was doing everything in his power so we both knew that without coming right out and saying it.

"Uhm no sir not quite yet but soon" Austin said kindly as he flashed him a smile, my Mother also gazing down at my Dad as if she was appalled he would say something like that.

"What are you two looking at? I was simply asking a question" he said shaking his head as he started cutting into his pot roast again.

"Daddy, can I have more carrots please?" Austy asked Austin as he held his lion plate out for Austin to fill.

"Sure buddy" Austin said happily as he grabbed the plate from him and threw a few carrots on it before cutting them up into toddler sized pieces and handed it back to him. "Is that good?" he asked.

"Yes, thank you" he said as he flashed a smile at Austin before continuing to eat his food. I couldn't help but smile at the interaction, Austin seeming to step right into the role he seemed to be made for without even thinking twice about it. I knew that LA was going to be hectic and that Austin was going to be busy, but I also could see how much he loved his little boy and I knew right there that he was going to do his best to give Austy as much time as he possibly could.

We finished up with dinner a few minutes later, the tension starting to escalate after my Dad's last comment about Austin not having a private jet just yet. Needless to say I was glad when I saw my Mom start to clean up the dishes from the table as I was all too eager to assist.

"I'm going to go out to the garage, call me before you are leaving" he said, his tone half sad as he pushed his chair in and headed outside, Austin's eyes following him until he quietly closed the door behind him.

"Mrs. Roman I know that the both of you are really skeptical about all of this," he said as he put his arm around me and pulled me close to him, "but I promise that I've changed. I know it is hard to believe after some of the stuff that I've done to Charlotte but I promise you that isn't me, not anymore" Austin said, as if he was pleading for at least one of my parents to give him a fair shot that didn't imply heavy skepticism.

"Oh Austin" my Mom said as she tilted her head to look at him, her hands resting on the table top as she gave him a sweet stare. "Like I've said to you before honey, I promise to give you a fair shot at this. Just from watching you since you've been here you do seem that you are taking all of this very seriously and it seems like Austy has already really taken a liking to you" she said as she continued to pick up things from the table.

"And I think Tim is willing to give you a fair shot too, he just has a weird way of showing things" she said as she stopped in front of us on the way to the refrigerator.