Yuma: He Makes Me Laugh

Yuma rushes into class, late as usual. As he is apologizing to your poor teacher, you remember you two are going to hang out at the mall today after school. Oh joy.

Next class is PE. Yuma, of course, attempts one of his little "Kattobingu" stunts, trying to jump twenty blocks. "He'll never learn," his friend Tetsuo remarks, shaking his head. Tetsuo is right, as always, and as always Yuma crashes and hits his head.

You blush and can't help but giggle. When Yuma looks up and sees you, he returns your blush. "I totally meant to do that."

When the final bell rings, you rush to pack up. Yuma meets you at the front doors, a band-aid on his forehead.

"You okay?" you ask, smiling. "You wiped out pretty hard in gym."

He scratches his head. "It's fine. I've fallen on my head hundreds of times." He pauses for a minute, then blushes and angrily turns to argue with someone I can't see.

Astral. You can't lie, he makes your relationship with Yuma a little odd, but it's always hilarious to see Yuma yelling at presumably thin air. You can't see Astral, but he's definately a noticable presence. Sometimes you wonder if he's teasing Yuma about being in love.

They continue arguing all the way to the mall, making you laugh.

The first place you two visit is Gamestop, where you pick out the new Zelda game and a few cards. "What's so appealing about those games?" he asks you.

You honestly try to think of an answer. "Well, why do you duel?"

"...Because it's fun, and like the only thing I'm good at."

"You just answered your own question. Except that last part."

Next you head to the food court, because after a long day of school, who isn't hungry? Yuma leads you right to a Japanese food place. "This one has the best rice balls," he announces as if he's proud of it.

You spot your friend on the other side of the room. "Order some for me, okay? I have to ask f/n about the math homework."

"Mm-hm," is his response.

You laugh as you turn away. Why do you find Yuma so funny? It's just kind of his thing.

"Hey f/n!" you call to your friend. "Do you know how to do that thing with 'line of best fit'?"

"Oh, I have no idea." She looks at you for a minute. "Are you here with someone? You don't usually come to the mall."

You blush. "I'm here with Yuma."

"Yuma Tsukamo? That weird kid always doing stunts in gym and sleeping in class? Why are you with him?"

You look back over your shoulder. Yuma catches your eye, waves, and drops half the rice balls he is carrying. Turning back to your friend, you smile with your answer. "He makes me laugh. What else do you need?"