Chapter 71

Emily POV

I know that Alison means well but I'm just not ready to talk about it yet. She may say she's okay with that but I know she's not! I will tell her, one day...just not today.

Anyway, despite the very painful cough that I have...I am beginning to feel a little better. I am not as tired and I can finally breathe out of my nose.

"Em, what do you want for breakfast?"

"You"

"Emily...I'm serious babe-"

"Well then that makes two of us"

"How many times do I have-"

"I know...I'm sick. But I'm feeling better babe," I pleaded.

"Would you quit cutting me off please?"

"Sorry...pancakes?"

"Okay, blueberry?"

"Yes please. Thanks Ali"

"Of course, anything for my baby"

"Speaking of babies, I think ours are driving their Auntie Spencer crazy," I tell her as I get up and walk over to sit at the bar and watch Ali cook.

"Where is Kai?"

"Oh she's on her way back over there. She went to go visit her boyfriend in New York"

"Okay, maybe tomorrow they can come back home. I'm sure Spencer would like that"

"Yea me too. I miss my little man and my little princess," I sighed.

"Hey Em?" Ali turned around and called out to me. I looked up from my phone and met her eyes. Shit, something must be wrong.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yea yea, of course. I was just wondering when you want to move into the house that we bought several months ago?"

"Oh...I'm ready whenever you are babe"

"Okay, how does tomorrow sound?" She asked as she walked over to me and sat in my lap.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yea...do you have somewhere else you need to be?"

"No, it's just that I-I...I uhmm-"

"C'mon Fields! What could possibly be more important than moving into your new home with your wife and kids?"

"A lot of things," I said under my breath but she heard me and slapped my shoulder.

"Emily I'm serious! I damn near broke my neck tripping over Ethan's blocks the other day...which you bought for him after I asked you not to!"

"What?! He started to throw a tantrum in Toys 'R Us and all the parents were staring at me!"

"So you're just gonna let both of our kids walk over you like that?"

"They do not!" I pouted.

"Em...you let Ashley eat your breakfast the other day"

"And? My princess was hungry"

"Yea but you let her eat your sunny side up eggs and you ate her scrambled ones. Last time I checked, you hate scrambled eggs," she chuckled.

"...I just love them, that's all"

"I love them too Em, but they're three years old! We are the parents here, not them. All this letting them do whatever is probably why they're treating Spencer like that"

"Really Alison? You wanna go there?"

"What are you talking about?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Your little spoiled ass can be just as demanding as them"