Chapter 65

Emily POV

I can't stand sitting here. The school has a viewing classroom that all of the kids are in. We can see them through a window but they can't see us. I don't know Alison is just sitting here so calmly?! I feel like I'm gonna explode any minute now.

I stand out of my chair and walk over to the window, not caring what the other parents think of me right now. And I am sure they hate me. I've been super jittery tapping on the table, I've been arguing really loudly with Alison and kinda of saying all of my thoughts out loud.

Also, I may or may not have had to rush out of the room to throw up a few times. Hey, don't be upset with me. It's really hard to watch my kids interacting with others. Plus, on several occasions, Ethan threatened to pull his pants down and pee on the nearest object (person or other).

"Emily, if you don't sit your annoying ass down-"

"What Alison?! Just what the hell are you going to do?!" I snapped back. The other parents were now staring at us but I don't care.

"...just please sit down baby. They're fine, okay?

"Well I'm not fine. Alison, tell me you don't wanna break through this window and get our kids"

"Em I-"

"Tell me"

"Fine! I am just as frustrated as you are, okay? But they need this. I really think this is the school for them, it's the perfect enviorment and meets most of their needs"

"Ali, if Ethan is your only concern then maybe we should hold off on enrolling him in-"

"No Em, they both-"

"Alison, are you really in denial about this?! I get that they're twins, but let's face it-"

"No! I-I," tears started to form in her eyes. Oh no. I walked over to her and bent down so that we were at eye level. I grabbed her hands in mine.

"Hey, shhh. It's okay, he will be just fine"

"I-I just want h-him to be treated like other-"

"I know baby, I know. But you can't rush it either Ali. So what if he's not ready. Ashley can still go and we'll just give Ethan as much time as he needs"

"But whose gonna watch him Em? We have jobs and so do our friends"

"We'll figure something out. But let's not cross that bridge until we absolutely have to"

"You're right...gosh Em, you always know exactly what to say to make me feel better"

"I know babe, that's what I live for. Now, let's try and sit through these last five minutes without any panic attacks or lashing out"

"Hey! That was you with the panic attacks AND lashing out. Maybe you should be the one cooling it these next five minutes"

"Yea yea, just sit there and look cute Lauren"

The five minutes were finally up and a teacher came in to let us parents know that we can now get our kids and expect to receive a call back within the next day or two.

"Would the parents of Legen and Leighton Fields please see me?" She asked. Well that's funny.

"Hey Ali, somebody has the twins' middle names as first names AND their last names. What a coincidence right haha?"

"No jackass...Em, look at these forms that I asked you to fill out and tell me what's wrong with them"

"Uhmm okay, sure. Let's see...here we have Ethan Legend Fields and Ashley Leighton Fields and...yea, I don't see anything wrong with it babe. You should really use your glasses more often"