Chapter 51

Hanna POV

Shit, Alison! I'm trying my best to hold on to a now kicking and screaming Ashley. She may only be a little over two years old but I'm pretty sure she understands what just happened to Alison.

"Mama! I want Mama! Leh go Auntie Hanna!" She managed to yell through the tears.

"I know baby, I know. Mama is gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay," Hell, I really don't even believe the words I'm telling my niece.

Emily was still standing there. The officers were trying to get her to come down by pulling on her but she fought back.

"Ma'm, as you can see this is not very safe for-"

"No shit Sherlock! I came up here to die now let me go!"

"Mrs. Fields I-"

"It's obviously Ms. now seeing as I'm a widow!" She exclaimed as tears fall from her eyes. "Why are you here anyway?! You need to be checking on my got damn wife!"

"Mommy!"

"Ethan, baby, no! Go away!"

"B-But Mommy..."

"I said no! Would someone please get my kid away from here?!" As she asked that her foot slipped. Now she was dangling by her feet and holding on to the railing with one hand.

Emily!" I shouted in fear.

"...Actually, could someone please bring my kids. I-I wanna say a couple things to them before-"

"No! No Emily! You do not get to do this!"

"Hanna I am so sorry. Just please promise me that you will be the godmother that I always knew you could be"

"Emily-"

"Please!"

"No...Ethan and Ashley need you Em!" I said looking down at the twins before me who looked frightened as hell.

"Mommy loves you two very much"

"...I-I luh you t-"

"Emily!" She had let go of the railing and dropped down into the ocean.

Emily POV

This is not how I wanted to go out but what the hell? I had planned to shoot my self but I knew I couldn't do that in front of Ethan and Ashley.

To be honest, although we were arguing, it felt good to here from Alison. I know I may have seemed upset but that was just the alcohol talking. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am still very much pissed. But the fact that she was willing to get up there with me and risk her own life meant a lot.

Now she's gone and I'll never get to apologize or thank her. Let's face it, we've both been terrible wives, mothers and friends over the last year or so. I don't know why or how it happened but it just did. Oh well, all's well that ends well, right? Wrong!

My wife is dead and it's all my stupid selfish ass fault! She was right, I always try to make everything about me.

My body finally hit the water and boy did that impact hurt like hell! And the water is absolutely freezing cold.

I decide to just let the weight of my body pull me down. On the way down, I noticed something...someone. Alison! I swam as fast as I could over to her.

After a few minutes, I finally got us to the top and went over to some rocks. I pushed Alison onto them and then I climbed onto them.

We were met by the paramedics. Alison was kinda blue, pale and seemed to not have been breathing. She was down there for too long. The 'medics were working on her and trying to get her to breathe again.

"Ma'm you need to come with me," a paramedic said to me while placing a blanket over my shoulders.

"No! I'm not moving until my wife is breathing again!"

"You're hypothermic and have a chance of catching pneumonia"

"Really? I don't feel cold"

"You're body is still in shock but you really do need to let us help you"

"No, you need to-"

"Brandon (I'm guessing that's the name of this annoying ass paramedic), she's been out for at least 10-15 minutes now. Should we call it?"

"No! You have to save her!" I yell as tears fall down my cheeks. I push through all of them and begin to perform CPR on Alison and pump her chest.

"Ma'm, I'm sorry but-"

"No, she's gonna wake up. She has to wake up," I whisper to no one inparticular.

Then, someone grabs me and pulls me up. I don't even try and fight them.

"Mrs. Fields, we really need to get you out of here"

No, she's gonna wake up. C'mon Ali, wake up baby" I say kind of scared and excitedly. I'm not sure why I sound so hopeful. I think I have reached rock bottom and am a little delirious. In my mind I know she is gone but my heart won't let her go.

"Time of death, 2:-"

"Nooooo!" I break down inthe officer's arms. This is it, this is the end. I thiught time was supposed to heal all. But now, I am outta time. She promised not to leave me. She broke her promise and I broke mine too.

I quickly take the gun I had hiding in the front of my pants and point it towards my face. Well, here goes nothing.