"Alright guys, let's hear it for our first songwriting seminar." Mr. Schue said, cheering as he passed out the rhyming dictionary for everyone, while they cheered in return. "While Quinn and Rachel are hard at work, we are gonna try and write an anthem of our own. Now, these are rhyming dictionaries for all of you."

"Uh, Mr. Schue." Santana interrupted. "Tina and I have been, uh, already working on a song that I wrote."

"Really?" Mr. Schue asked, as Lexi frowned slightly. She had an uneasy feeling about this. "That's amazing. Can we hear it?" He asked, as the group clapped, encouraging the two girls to showcase their song. The two girls walked to the front, while Tina sat at the piano, and Santana stood beside it.

"This is a song I wrote for Sam." Santana announced, as she turned, so her back faced the audience. "It's called Trouty Mouth." She added, as Lexi's eyes widened. She heard Sam and Mike having a hushed exchange.

"Wait, what's it called?" Sam asked, panicking slightly.

"Trouty Mouth." Mike answered causally.

Guppy face

Trouty mouth

Is that how people's lips look

Where you come from in the South?

Grouper mouth

Froggy lips

I love suckin' on

Those salamander lips

As Santana continued to sing, Lexi could sense that Sam was growing uncomfortable, and feeling self conscious. She sighed and gently grabbed his hand in hers comfortingly. He looked at her and sent her grateful smile, but as Santana's upcoming verses started, he started to get very angry.

Wanna put a fish hook

In those lips so cherry-red

If you tried hard enough

You could suck a baby's hand

Wooh!

Oh yeah

"Okay. Can we stop?" Sam demanded, standing up, as Lexi's hand fell from his grasp. "Stop with the mouth jokes."

"Sit down. I'm not finished." Santana argued, as Sam let out a scoff.

"Yes you are." He nodded firmly. "Mr. Schue, we're not doing a song at Regionals called Trouty Mouth."

"Uh y-you know what? I have to agree with Sam on this one." Mr. Schue said, as he noticed Sam and Santana glaring at each other. "But, such a good first effort. I just don't think it's got the epic feel we need for Regionals."

Santana scoffed, rolling her eyes, as she turned to collect her music sheets, and sat back down beside Sam. Lexi groaned as she began to try to calm him down, by whispering something. Lexi knew that this was all an act, and it was getting out of hand. She needed to do something about it.
-------

Lexi was sitting alone in a classroom working on homework, as Santana walked into the room

"Hey, the person who I barely talk to anymore." Lexi muttered, not even having to look up to know who was in the room.