Behind the school - Mellphy (Michael x Connor)

Requested by @imgaynilikemusicals 

TW: Smoking, cursing

Michael walked up to their usual meeting spot behind the school. Hmm, seems like Connor wasn't here yet. This is where they would come to talk about anything; school, people, life, family. It didn't really matter, they were really close so anything would be a good starter.

He took out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of his backpack. Who knows why the school never caught them. Didn't they have a no policy rule for this kind of stuff? Who knows, who cares? Not Michael, that's for sure. Just as he was lighting the cigarette, a figure walked up to him and leaned up against the wall with him. "Oh, it's you. I was scared for a second there."

Connor only chuckled. He lit one as well. "How are you always so early? Didn't we say we'd meet at 3:30?"

"Well, it's now.." Michael lifted his arm to uncover the watch under his sleeve. "3:47. I'm not early, you're just late." 

"Not just late. Fashionably late." He laughed. Connor isn't one to laugh unless he's with the right people. Even in the short year and a half  Michael has known him, he picked that up. Connor lifted his head to face the cloudy sky that was threatening rain. 

Michael couldn't help staring at him. He liked Connor. Well, that's obvious to everyone except him. The way he watches him at every moment he can, the way he rarely talked to anyone but him. Or was that because neither had many other friends?

"What're you looking at, Mell?" Michael was snapped out of his daze. 

"Uhm, you?" He answered cautiously. It technically was the truth. He saw a pink cloud creep up on Connor's face. 

"You're blushing."

"What? No. It's just a little cold. Nothing much." He adjusted and tightened his black sweater. 

"No, you're definitely blushing. Did I just make the cold, stoic, stone-hearted Connor Murphy blush? I think I did." Michael teased.

"Fuck off, Mell." Connor dismissed him with a wave of his hand. He then tucked his cigarette behind his ear.

Michael stood there, admiring his counterpart until it struck him. "Con, that's dangerous." He reached out to take the cigarette out of his hair so it wouldn't catch on fire, but his fingers got tangled in his long hair. "Oh sorry." Michael quickly removed his hand and gave him the cigarette.

"No, it's fine.." Connor mumbled something under his breath that Michael couldn't catch.

"What was that last thing?"

"I kind of liked it." Connor barely whispered it. It was a slightly awkward moment of silence until Connor blurted out: "Can I kiss you?"

Michael froze. Now was his chance. "Sure, yeah, why not? yeah, sure." He rambled.

Connor gingerly placed a hand on Michael's waist and the other on his cheek, and leaned in. He immediately returned the kiss. He tangled his finger's into Connor's hair. The kept at it until they ran out of breath. They stayed there, staring at each other, until Michael leaned his head against the wall. "I really like you, Murphy." 

"I like you too, Mell." He said simply.

Hope you liked it!

6/5/21 edit: I'm discontinuing this book, I'm not as dedicated to it as I used to be. if I want to start writing again, I'll make another book. Thank you for reading