Boyf Riends - mutual pining

The Boyfs are here! 

TW: cursing, and that's probably it.

Jeremy's POV

Jeremy Heere was best friends with Michael Mell, everyone knew that. Something else everyone knew was how much Jeremy liked him. He wouldn't trade his friendship with Michael for anything, so maybe that's why he refused to confess to him. he would much rather be friends than nothing to Michael.

The other, most obvious thing that everyone knew, was that Michael definitely liked Jeremy. there was a lot of mutual pining going on. Michael had liked Jeremy since about eighth grade. The two were very close, as they didn't really have any other friends anyway. 

And because of that, Jeremy didn't have anyone to go to to ask for advice. he planned on telling him sometime this week, he just didn't know when or how. Just then, a notification popped up on his phone.

Michael❤️: Hey dude! After school do you want to come over and play some video games? 

Jerebear: Sure! See you at school

Jeremy smiled at the message. Michael was really sweet. And cute. And caring. And- ugh. He had to stop this nonsense before it drives him insane. Jeremy decided that tonight would be the night he told Michael how he felt.

                                        ~time skip brought to you by Michael's hoodie~

Michael's POV

The two boys walked home to Michael's house together. As Jeremy rambled, he took note of everything he said and did. How his smile was almost as bright as the stars, and how he talks, its almost like everything comes to a stop when he talks. Everything stops and turns to listen to what he has to say. Jeremy probably didn't think that, but it sure happens. 

Before they knew it, they reached his house. Michael took out his keys while Jeremy waited. It took him a couple of tries to find the right key. He finally found it, pushed the door open, and they ran to the basement. Micheal's moms weren't here, so they could really do whatever they wanted for a good while. 

he flung his backpack onto the floor, and took out his controller. Jeremy jumped onto the couch, almost landing on top of Micheal. He tried to cover up his blush by staring at the screen and starting up the game. They decided to play Mario cart first. They played a couple games, Michael winning most of them. "Aw, dude, can you let me win? Just once? Pleeeaaaassseee?" Jeremy begged. Dammit. Why did he have to be so cute all the time? it wasn't fair, it made Michael all flustered. Jeremy knew what he was doing, didn't he?

"Wha-uh, um, sure, fine, yeah." He stuttered.

Jeremy's POV

Michael stuttering? Was he okay? Did he say something? it might be nothing and he was just overreacting. They continued to play, Jeremy won only twice, and Michael won the other five times. Every time one of them one, the other would playfully punch their arm or do something of the sort. That's how they ended up in a wrestle, with Jeremy on top of Michael. 

The two just stared at each other for a solid minute, before he apologized and rolled off of Michael. "Oh, it's fine, I started it in the first place." Michael responded. He went upstairs to get some snacks.

When Michael came back, Jeremy was scrolling through his phone, kind of bored. he really wanted to tell him how he felt. Michael sat down with some chips and other snacks that they had in the house. Jeremy was kind of chilly, as he forgot his cardigan at home today, and without it, he was always cold. As they talked, he shivered every two minutes or so. 

"Dude, are you cold? You can have my hoodie." Michael offered. 

"Thanks, but I'm fine really-" Too late. He was already taking off his hoodie and handing it to Jeremy. He tried to protest but the now hoodie-less boy was persistent. Jeremy rolled his eyes and put it on. he could see why Michael liked this hoodie so much, it was really warm and cozy. It made him feel safe, almost. He was going to say it. he was going to tell Michael how he really felt, finally. 

"Hey, uh, Michael?" he heard a small hum to indicate that he was listening. "So, I know this might sound really awkward, and if it ruins our friendship I'm really sorry, but I think I like you, not like, friends kind of like, but like, like-like you? You're really nice, and sweet and caring, and you're a great friend, and if you think we should stay just friends I'm fine with that and-" Jeremy stopped mid ramble when he saw Michael with his eyes wide and jaw halfway to the floor.

Michael's POV

Did Jeremy just say he like him? What? How? He was definitely going through a gay panic. He didn't really see Jeremy's confused face until he snapped in front of his eyes. "Oh, um, uh, I kinda..... um, one second please." Michael ran to the bathroom. 

He stood in front of the mirror. Jeremy Heere. His best friend for twelve years, just admitted he liked him. This can't be real. Michael heard a knock on the door. "Micha? Did I do something wrong?" the voice called.

"No! uhm, you can come in." Michael said. Did that sound weird? 

"Well, the door is locked, so.." He heard a nervous laughter. shit. He walked to the door and opened it. He saw a nervous Jeremy standing in the doorway. "So?" 

"Well, you could say I kind of like you too.." Both boys blushed. 

'Really? So our friendship won't be ruined?" Jeremy asked.

"Well, it might be ruined, but maybe it made room for something more?" DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THAT?

Jeremy looked flustered. Really flustered. "Oh, uh, yeah! Maybe.." he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Could I....?" The other asked, his eyes flicking from his eyes to his lips. Jeremy nodded, and Michael smashed his lips into his. 

Michael's moms opened the door, hollering down to the basement that they were home. They didn't hear an answer so they went downstairs, only to find Michael and Jeremy making out on the couch. finally, they both thought. Both mothers knew the two boys liked each other. They smiled and left them to themselves.

boyf riends is my comfort ship, that's all I have to say. I also mainly wrote this in class, but y'know, this was more fun than working.

Word count: 1047

Requests are open!