So. many. plants. - Boyf Riends

minimal cursing

(they're already together in this)

Jeremy wakes up at 6:30 every morning. Why, you might ask? Because he has a million plants to take care of. There are succulents on the window sill, ivy plants hanging from the ceiling, flowers on shelves, a giant snake plant in the corner of his room; they're everywhere. Around when he turned 13, he really wanted a dog. He begged his father for one, promising to take care of it, keep it company, do all the things kids do when they want a dog. Mr. Heere wasn't as enthusiastic about it, so he gave him a snake plant instead.

And Jeremy loved it. You know that giant plant in the corner of the room I mentioned earlier? It's the same plant he'd gotten just over three years ago. It doesn't take much to keep one of those things alive. "You couldn't kill it even if you tried." He'd say. Jeremy named it after Michael. And so, he kept getting little plants here and there, until he had this collection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy shut his locker. "Hey, Jere!" Michael was standing right behind the locker door. 

"Jesus Christ, Micha. Don't scare me like that." He playfully punched him in the arm.

They both laughed it off. "Hey, can I come over to your house tonight? My moms are going on a date and I'm gonna be alone."

"What, you can't stand being alone without me?" Jeremy accused lightheartedly. The problem was that, yes, Michael couldn't stand being without him. 

"Sorry, dude, but maybe next time. I could come over to your house though-" Jeremy got cut off by a small groan from his friend.

"We always go to mine. I don't think I've ever been to your place. Maybe this could be the first time." It was true, Jeremy always changed the subject when his home got mentioned. Nobody knows about the garden that is his room. 

"Well, um, actually-"

"Too late. I'll meet you there around 4:30." He patted Jeremy on the shoulder and walked away. What was Jeremy going to do....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy struggled to pack his plants into his closet. He really didn't want to show his boyfriend how much of a nerd he was. Well, he already knew that, but even more so with the greenery. He just didn't want to embarrass himself. "I'm sorry guys.. I'll put you right back later." He reassured them. 

He didn't know what to do with the tall snake plant, so he left it there. Suddenly, he heard the doorbell. Shit, here we go. He took a deep breath and jogged to the door. "Hey, Michael."  Michael only waved with his huge grin that always gave Jeremy butterflies. Stop it, Jere, we have other things to worry about.

He led him up to his room where Michael dropped his bag. "You gonna give me a tour?" He laughed.

"If you want." Jeremy continued to show his boyfriend his small room. "There really isn't much to show, honestly.." 

It was only then when Micheal saw the plant. "Woah, this thing is huge!" He walked up to it and continued to play with it. Jeremy had to remind himself not to pull him from his plant. 

"Yeah." He kept eyeing the closet. Let's hope he doesn't notice-

"Why do you keep looking at your closet? Is something in there?" Damn. He's really always a step ahead, huh?

"I mean, there're clothes, not much else." He laughed. Please don't let him check.

"Okay, I don't believe you." It didn't seem like Michael distrusted Jeremy, he was just curious. He flung open the door. "oh my God.." There sat plants among plants among plants. "that's a lot of plants. Why are they all in there? It doesn't seem like they get a lot of sun." He wasn't weirded out, just worried.

"Oh, well, I knew you were coming over and I didn't, uhm, I didn't.."

"want me to see?" Michael finished. Jeremy nodded. "Oh, babe, why?" He walked over to him.

Jeremy was tearing up. He couldn't say. He just ran into his boyfriend and hugged him like the world depended on it. Michael immediately knew. "You thought I'd be weird about it?" He nodded again. "Here, let's put them all back."

As Jeremy dried his tears, they put all the plants back. The first thing he said in almost fifteen minutes was "Thank you." 

"Of course, Jere." Jeremy kissed Michael on the cheek. "So, you really like plants?" 

"Yeah." And Jeremy continued to tell the whole story over again.

oh damn this was long