Chapter 3

I wake up in a Grisha tent, I know that because it is a lot more fancy then the tents I have slept in

I wake up in a Grisha tent, I know that because it is a lot more fancy then the tents I have slept in. What happened? the last thing I remember is the Volcra attacking us and killing most of my friends, did Alina make it out? Mal? How many survived the attack? before I can answer any of those questions however a Grisha in a red cloak comes in and says "the General requests your presences" I swallow hard and swing my legs over the side of the bed, "General Kerigan?" I ask and he nods his head. I look down at my clothes which are the same ones I entered the Fold with but I don't say anything. Instead I just let the man lead me into a room full of Grisha, "there she is" a soft voice says from the front of the tent, I look over and see a man dressed in all black, his hair is the same colour and so is his facial hair. The Darkling.

He steps forward and smiles at me sending a shive down my spine "I am glad to see you are finally awake" he says and I look down at my shoes "sir" I say quietly, "who are you strange girl" he demands and I can't help but look up into hi eyes which seem to be piercing into my soul, "Salem Starkov sir" he frowns and cocks his head "you do not look like the sun summoner" I shake my head "I don't know anything"he smiles again and steps forward, I am keenly aware of the eyes currently on me. "Are you awake of what happened on the Fold?" he asks softly and I shake my head "that last thing I remember is my friend being taken away" my heart clenches at that, the image of Marco being dragged off by those. Things.

The General slides a ring from one of his fingers and places it on his thumb, the movement so smooth I feel another shiver go up my spine, "where you tested as a child Salem Starkov?" he asks, the room completely silent. I can tell that the Grisha around us are waiting for me to crumble and instead I hold my head high, keeping eye contact with General Kirigan and say "I was not" my voice firm and fair. His eyes spark and he offers out his hand "your sleeve please Miss Starkov" I swallow hard but don't back down instead I just roll up my sleeve and he cuts m arm.

I suck in a breath at the sting of it and then gasp when lightning crackles around me and a bolt shoots down from the sky and strikes between Kirigan and I. The look on his face is pure awe and amazement which is probably a mirror of my own. I am Grisha, and if I am does that make Alina Grisha too? "I want to see my cousin" I say before the man infant of me has a chance to speak, "both you and Alina will be going to the little palace, you can see her then" my heart starts racing and I shake my head "no, no I want to see her now. And Mal I want to know they are alive" he chuckles and grabs my jaw with his hand, a tight grip. "You are head strong I can tell" he says quietly so no one else can hear "we are going to have great fun you and I. Salem Starkov" the way he says my name makes me want to hear it all the time. His voice is soft like butter and smooth like honey, I am pretty sure he would say anything to me right now and I would go along with it.

"Take her to the little palace, I will ride out soon" the general demands and the heartrender from earlier comes towards me signalling for me to leave. I don't put up much of a fight as I see Mal chasing after a black carriage and I call his name. He turns at the sound of it and races towards me, I make a break for it too but the heartrender slows my pulse make me tired and another Grisha, this one dressed in blue picks me up and puts me in a carriage. The door is locked and I look out of the window to where Mal is fighting towards me "Salem!" he calls and I bang on the window even though I know I won't break it "Mal, Mal I'm sorry"I call but I'm not sure he can hear me because by then it is too late. The coach is already on it's way.

The drive is pleasant though no one says anything, there is a Tidemaker and a Heartrender in the coach with me, one male and one female who look to be twins. The scenery is lovely, all of the green hills and little villages until we are stopped. "why are we stopping?" I ask, the first words I have spoken in over an hour, the woman places a finger to her lip and slowly opens the carriage door. Thats when something attacks, the Grisha outside are trying to fight off what looks like Fjerdan men but they had the element of surprise and we are loosing. Without thinking I step out of the coach, "get back in side my lady" the heartrender male shouts as he stops a mans hand with a flick of his wrist. However before I have time to react a man grabs me from behind and whispers something in Fjerdan making ice fill my veins, as if in reflex I throw my hands out and a bolt of lightning crashes down killing all of men attacking us.

Gasping for breath I lean on the coach door to steady myself and my two guards come rushing to me "are you hurt?" the male asks and I shake my head not trusting words, "I don't- I don't know how I did that" I admit, panting for breath. The woman smirks at me "you Miss Starkov are a Grisha, a damn powerful one by the looks of it" I blush red and the heartrender helps me back into the coach to continue the journey. "I am Darla by the way" the woman with black hair says, the man introduces himself as Karlen and we all share a smile. I have new friends already.

No EqualOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara