Do Lots of Very Short Notes Constitute a Long Note? Hmm...

Hey all. You know that dude who has to push the boulder up the hill forever? The Greek dude? (cue furtive googling). Sisyphus, his name was.

Try saying that quickly three times after your third glass of wine.

 I just did. It didn't go well.

Now, I don't mean to be melodramatic or anything (okay, maybe I do, just a little) but Double Shot is starting to take on very bouldery overtones. I have been writing this book for a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng time.

No shit, Sherlock?

Indeed.

I have pretty much written two and a half other books while attempting to write this one. I have edited two other books while attempting to write this one. I have entered and exited the Paid Stories program while attempting to write this one. I am in the process of editing a third book, while attempting to write this one.

In short, writing this one has proven to be something of a challenge.

I dunno what it is. I'm invested in the characters. I like writing them. I love having you guys on board for the story. I've even undermined my moral code and the fundamental tenets of my existence by planning the rest of the plot.

Yes. Planning. This is really me, I promise.

But basically, life, the universe and everything would appear to be conspiring against the completion of this tome. Or, you know, it could be my slack-arsedness. One or the other.

Anyhoo, there is no point to this wine-induced little ramble beyond checking in with my much-abused but much-appreciated readers to let you guys know that while I may not have George RR Martin's or Patrick Rothfuss' writing skills or bank accounts or authorial auctoritas (sorry) I am planning to one-up those guys by actually getting another book out. Eventually. And the plan is for it to be this one.

The first baristas book has now been edited and sent off to the publishing peeps to have their wicked way with it. For reasons I won't bore you with I'm next going to spend a bit of time tidying up Fearless. And then, hopefully within a couple of weeks, I'm going to get back to Double Shot.

Unless, of course, life has other plans. Stupid life.

We shall see.