Chapter 41 - Family Reunion

Start from the beginning

"Vlad, there's another girl unconscious from that gas. I'm going to go get her and see if I can bring back any of the other kids while I'm there." I said quickly. He looked like he was about to object but upon seeing my cold determined stare thought otherwise.

"Be careful Kita. There are villains out there and Aizawa will be distracted with his own fight." He warned.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Look after the kids." I ordered before hurrying to the door and making my way back to the woods trying to find Jiro.

I really wasn't sure what to expect from this trip but it certainly wasn't this. After the attack on the USJ I thought security would have been full proof. No one new we were here apart from the students and a few select individuals so how the hell can villains have a full scale attack planned?!

By now the thick layers of smoke had diffused to the area outside the forest and the hot ash permeated my lungs making them burn. If this is how bad I feel I can't imagine how the kids must be. I quickly returned to the spot where I had found Hagakure and although the smoke from the inflamed trees made it difficult to see the scent of the gas earlier was much weaker than it had been. Hopefully that meant one of the students had found a way to cut off the source. After searching for a relatively short period of time I came across the disheveled form of Jiro lying just off the path. Black soot coated her body and although she was unconscious her breathing was quick and erratic.

"Don't worry. It's me, Kimi. I'm going to get you back to the others okay?" I say whilst scooping her up and rushing back to the building as quickly as possible, though having the upper body strength of a penguin, cradling a teenager and inhaling dangerous amounts of smoke definitely slowed me down.

The next twenty minutes went by much the same. I would venture into the forest, find some of the students and bring them back to the main building whilst others made their way back independently. Though with every passing student and no sign of Shoto I became more and more restless.

"I'm going to go look for the last few student" I say and start to move towards the door only to have Aizawa stop me. He had come back whilst I was away gathering some of the students from 1B and had kept me busy healing the students ever since, making sure I had no time to search for Shoto or the others.

"We need you here Kita, this is the emergency first aid station." He said with a tight grip on my arm before both his grip and his tone softened.

"I know you are worried about Todoroki but he's in good hands and he's been through worse. Have faith in him. The villains are after Bakugou if Mandalay's message is anything to go by. So I'll be going out to try and find them whilst Vlad gets in contact with the authorities and you are in charge of emergency aid."

I felt myself stiffen at his words. I'm not here as Shoto's friend, I'm here as a nurse. I'm here to protect the students and as much as my instinct is telling me to run out and find the boy who may as well be my brother, I have a job to do.

"Bring them back safe Eraserhead." I told him with a determined nod and forcing my feet to move me back to the other students. Please be okay Shoto.

Dabi's POV

The world around me was on fire and I couldn't have loved it any more. I watched as the scorched earth became crushed and shrivelled beneath my feet, the smell of smoke thickly coating the air and leaving a familiar burn in my throat. It was a beautiful sight, watching the world burst into blue before it decayed and blackened but we weren't here just to take in the scenery. We were here for some kid named Bakugou who Shigarakai had taken a liking to or a liking to his quirk at the least. Although I was paired with Twice he was still less annoying than crazy Toga. I could live without Twice but Toga made my skin crawl, something about that shrill laugh of hers always put me on edge.

My clone had already attacked Eraserhead and had been melted quickly, much to my own annoyance. Everything was going to plan in my group, Compress had captured Bakugou and some bird head kid and we were on our way back. That is until a few of the other kids decided to fight back and launch themselves into the air tackling Compress.

Toga and Twice instantly stopped talking and I warned Compress to dodge before releasing a strong burst of flames at the students. The air was almost unbearably hot, the smoke from the trees was growing thicker by the second. If we don't leave soon chances are we're going to pass out with or without the gas masks. Within seconds rough walls of ice sprang from the ground in sharp peaks, reducing the temperature and creating somewhat of a barrier between us. I knew who it was immediately. It had to be Shoto. I had watched his quirk grow for years and the beautiful crystal like shards engulfed the hot earth and made it glow a familiar blue. His right side reminded me of my own quirk in a way almost more than his fire side. That  brilliant blue encapsulating a darkened world, though it lacked the heat and destructive force of my own. He began to sprint towards us, using the ice at his feet to propel him forward.

"Don't be foolish Sho." I whispered under my breath before launching myself at my little brother just as the warpgate opened behind us lined with Nomu.

"We need to go!" Cried Twice before he swan dived into the portal and disappeared altogether.

"Hang on the target's still ..." I began before Compress cut me off and opened his mouth to show the two marble like spheres that I knew held the target and the other kid. I could have sworn he dropped them, sneaky bastard.

Before I could really think what was going on however the green haired kid launched himself at Compress and a sticking beam of light shot through the tree line blinding us all momentarily. The students threw themselves towards the sphere prisons with a heavy grunt, Shoto's fingertips just about to grab the target. This is definitely not how I wanted to come face to face with my little brother.  I quickly snatched the marble like sphere seconds before his hand could touch it.

"How sad for you ... Shoto ... Todoroki" I whispered before stepping back into the portal and watching my brothers terrified face fade to blackness.