Lexi sat in the courtyard at lunch later that day. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder, causing her to jump.

"Geez." She squealed, as Sam chuckled.

"Sorry, Lex...did I scare you?" He asked.

"You think?" Lexi asked, as Sam sent her a small smile. She shook her head, but quickly regained her serious posture. "What's up?"

"I told Quinn I loved her." Sam answered, as Lexi raised an eyebrow. However, internally, she felt her heart breaking.

"And..." Lexi nodded, encouraging Sam to continue.

"I asked her to accept this promise ring." He said, showing her the promise ring. She gasped at the sight of the simple, but gorgeous ring.

"It's beautiful, Sam." She managed to get out, despite the tears welling in her eyes. "Let me guess, you got down on one knee, and that freaked her out."

"Precisely." Sam sighed.

"Oh buddy." Lexi shook her head. "You've only known her for a few weeks...so it's normal that she would freak out at the sight of the promise ring."

"She didn't say I love you back." Sam protested, unaware that Lexi was triggered whenever he'd mention Quinn or the three words.

"I'm sure she'll come along eventually. I encourage you to let her process all of it. It's a lot to process, Sam." Lexi said, attempting to keep her voice steady. She was ready to break down, but she wanted to remain strong for Sam.

"Thanks Lex..." Sam smiled softly. He noticed tears clouding her eyes. "Hey, you okay?" He asked gently, grabbing her hand in his.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Lexi lied. "I'm just s-so happy about the prospect of you guys getting married one day." She explained, her voice cracking.

"Lex..."

"Seriously. I guarantee you, Sam." Lexi said, as she stood up, wiping her tears. "Quinn will come around, and she'll say those special and meaningful three words, and eight letters." She sent him a sad smile. "Give it time." She added, before she left.

"Lex..." Sam called after her, only she was out of earshot to even hear him. He sighed, and slung his backpack over his shoulder. He frowned as he tried to figure what was bothering Lexi. At the same time, he pushed down the comforting feeling he got when he was around her. Sam didn't want to officially admit it, but even he was falling for her.
-------

The following day, Lexi overheard that the boys- minus Finn - had confronted Karofsky in the locker room

The following day, Lexi overheard that the boys- minus Finn - had confronted Karofsky in the locker room. It didn't go as planned, and resulted in the boys getting injured. So now, the girls sat tending to the boys' cuts and bruises.

"Dude was a wild animal!" Mike exclaimed aggravated, while Quinn slapped the ice pack against her binder. She then placed it gently on Sam's black eye.