"Alright! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr. Schue asked.

"A blanket." Brittany answered innocently.

"A duet is when two voices join to become one." Mr. Schue continued with the lesson, choosing to ignore Brittany's previous answer. "Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people may think..." he continued on with the lesson, but Lexi didn't catch much of it, due to her talking with Sam discreetly. Plus, Kurt leaned down to talk to her. "Psst. He's on team gay." He said to Lexi and Mercedes.

"Why would you think that? He's not gay, I'm sure of it." Lexi frowned.

"No straight boy dyes his hair to look Linda Evangelista circa 1993." Kurt responded, as Lexi shrugged, but returned her attention back to her and Sam's discussion about chemistry homework.

"You're crazy, circa 2010." Mercedes scoffed, shaking her head at Kurt who winked, before the two turned their attention back to their teacher.

"That is what duets are all about. So this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seemed to love our little Defying Gravity diva-off, I'm making this a competition." Mr. Schue explained, causing Lexi's face to light up.

"What's the winner get?" Mike asked.

"Dinner for two, on me...at Breadstix." Mr. Schue answered, earning claps and cheers from the group.

"Breadstix, yes!" Tina grinned.

"I have to win." Santana said, as Brittany nodded in agreement.

"I love this idea!" Tina smiled excitedly, repeating her sentence again.

Lexi sat in her thoughts. She began to see that everyone had found their partners. She glanced at Sam, and noticed that Kurt also had his eye on the boy. Lexi figured she had a chance, as long as she beat Kurt to it...she was still a fair contender, right? Worse case scenario, she'd perform a solo, or just sit and watch the competition unfold.
------

Later that day, Lexi was collecting her books from her locker

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Later that day, Lexi was collecting her books from her locker. As she closed the door, she flinched when she saw Karofsky and Azimio walking towards her with slushies. Although she was on the Cheerios, she still got ridiculed and bullied for being a part of Glee club. Lexi was quick to close her eyes, and quickly threw on a pair of sunglasses. She turned away, only to see them walk past her, and down the hallway. She discreetly followed them, as she saw them throw the slushies in Sam's face.

"Boom!" Karofsky laughed.

"Welcome to Glee club, lady lips!" Azimio added, as the two bullies walked off in fits of laughter. Poor Sam stood frozen in place with a shocked expression.

Lexi thanked herself internally that she had her cheer bag with her. She quickly approached Sam, and gently alerted him it was her, before she grabbed his hand and led him to the girls washroom. Lexi then reached into her bag and pulled out her towel while Sam washed the heavy ice from his face under the tap. Once he finished, he turned to Lexi who sent him a sympathetic smile, and walked towards him with her towel. She began to help him clean off the excess ice pieces.