''And what input does she have?'' Janson turned his eyes to his daughter, she looked back at him. ''She isn't necessary, am I right?''

Zara darted her eyes away, almost rolling them. ''I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.'' Then more mocking. ''It's not like I'm standing right next to you. But no, why would you talk to me? Ah man, forget it.'' She threw her hand up and attempted to walk away, but the guard grabbed her and pulled her back. Zara folded her arms.

The guard didn't let them wait any longer. ''They're in the building, sir. Thomas and some other blonde boy.''

Zara lifted her head and unfolded her arms, her eyes widened, and she almost forgot she couldn't show any joy. And yes, first joy and relief filled her. They were still alive, Thomas and Newt. But concern and panic followed. They were in the building. And remember what Ava Paige said? That was exactly what they wanted.

But soon, another reason to concern showed up. Her father and the guard both looked at her. Janson glared.

Zara's heart sank.

They knew.

But by the time she'd gained enough conscious to make a run for it, her arms were already grabbed by the two bigger men. They yanked her back and Janson grabbed her chin, roughly lifting it up so she couldn't do anything but see his eyes. Full of rage.

''You're not so smart as you thought huh?'' He quietly spoke. ''Your time's up, Zara.''

He yanked her chin, making her head jolt to the side. A big frown had overtaken her face. She waited a few seconds before planting her elbow into the guard's stomach. He backed away, soon to stumble back to her. Zara feinted a kick with her right leg, instead, she stepped over her left leg, lowered her upper body while swinging up her left leg. It landed under the guard's chin, exactly enough to knock him back. His gun clattered on the ground, making Zara realize she'd really took a risk there.

Her father slammed his arms around her, completely taking in both her arms and her chest. Just when Zara was about to grab one of his legs and pull it up so he would fall backwards, he put a gun to her head and loaded it. Zara froze.

''Yes, that's what I meant. Very good.'' He hissed, smirking.

Zara clenched her teeth and scowled. Her father poked her back, hinting her to start walking. While pushing at the same time, he sent her all the way down the corridor. And not at ease, but in a rush. A big rush.

''Slow the hell down, you're crushing my ancles.'' Zara snapped.

He released the gun from her head for short second before swinging it back with pressure. It hit a sensitive spot on the side of her head, causing her to wince and slide away . Her brain fell out for less than a second, then she regained her posture with effort.

Janson kicked open a door with his foot and pushed Zara through it, soon to be taken over by other people. She took in white coats and a surgery chair. Right away, panic washed over her. How many people were holding her? Three? Four? Five? They dragged her towards the chair. Zara resisted fiercely, thoughts on escaping. Getting away from there.

She screamed. Yelled, ripping her throat. ''Let me GO!''

Suddenly, she felt stings. Needles entering her skin in several places at once. She yelped in pain and so moved. Not short after, she felt the strength leaving her. As if it was being sucked out of her, taken from her. She slackened. The doctors or whatever they were, caught her, laying her down in the surgery chair. Zara's eyelids weighed down, feelings of her body fading. A fight between Zara and the drowsiness.

She glanced to the side, seeing her father standing there. Smirking, but glaring.

''Say goodbye to your friends, Zara. This is gonna refresh your memories a bit.''