1. FIRST

The sound of raindrops falling like bullets on the roof awakened me. I was surrounded by darkness, head aching, vision totally blurred as though I was seriously injured on my head.

What had happened, my memories of that evening's little scene was in bits and pieces. But one thing's for sure is that I will never ever forget that dark voice repeating the same rhyme over and over again. That voice ringing in my head for what seems like eternity. I must have been knocked out for quite a long time.

I finally awakened and being half-dazed, I tried to scan my surroundings, the darkness had never been a problem for me. I could find my way in the dark very well. My wrist hurt as they were tied tightly with ropes(seriously, what is going on here?!)

I edged closer to what looks like the entrance of that tiny enclosed space and heard footsteps outside. There were people outside talking, discussing in a serious tone, those voices sound so familiar, the Camp mentors!

'Had they come to rescue me, do they know I am trapped here' I thought quietly to myself 'Or were they the ones who trapped me?!?!'

I could barely make out what they were saying as the thunderstorm began getting louder and louder, "You saw that didn't you? Everyone say that right?" "What she did all by herself?" "Her powers! We can't let her harness that" "We have to turn her in to the LightBringers as soon as dawn comes" they were all talking simultaneously in a rushed tone.

Honestly, I was speechless and absolutely dumb-stricken. 'Send me to the LightBringers whatever for, I do not know why they would think that I am a danger, I seriously can't remember a thing, but all I know now is that I had to escape.

Everyone knows what torturous and cruel things LightBringers would do to the ones that were brought in to their prison and I am certainly not going to experience that first hand.

My thoughts were cut short as thunder begin roaring loudly. Suddenly, a gust of strong wind pushed a tiny crooked window open and I knew it would be my only chance. I had to leave. I tried to stand get my balance back it was hard. I struggled and fell a couple of times, forcing myself not to shout in pain as I fell on my injured shoulder.

Eventually, I approached the window and pushed my entire weight against the edge. Fortunately the window was not too high from the ground but I still fell head first to the muddy ground outside.