In any way, Clive found the proposal ridiculous.

If the people from the Duchy of Frost were really as smart as they were rumored, they would have run a background check on the supposed bride-to-be.

In any other case...

'They must be crazy too....'

Clive tossed the proposal into the cabinet that contained all of the unwanted files and went back to the pile of documents on his desk.

Five days later......

"Think about it Clive" said Tristan, leaning on the wall beside the window.

"And think very carefully at that" followed Elliot, who was seated on the sofa, taking a sip of camellia tea.

Clive, on the other hand, was passed out on his desk. He was exhausted from constant all-nighters.

Just three hours ago, they received news of the landslide near Finnel mountain. Most of the major trade routes were blocked, handing a deep blow to the local trade. There were multiple casualties and the list of injured people was increasing day by day.

'An-An is out helping the people there, so I could feel a bit assured' Clive sighed.

Earlier that day, the Eagle Knights deployed to the Finnel mountain sent back a report to Clive stating the requirements and casualties of the landslide. In it was mentioned the unexpected appearance of the Lady of the household and the rumors surrounding her vicinage. 

But the pressing matter at hand was the finance required for repairs. They were already at the bottom after handling all the damages from the last storm. So they also prepared necessary contingency measures for the future, and this time it was a landslide close to home.

"The universe is out to get me" Clive muttered, his face buried between the pile of papers.

"I don't know about the universe. But I do know a way to solve this" Tristan drew a document from Clive's to-be-trashed cabinet and placed it on top of his head.

Clive pulled down the papers on his head and raised himself.

He sheepishly glanced over the contents, however, his face got stiffer by the second.

"No" He said in a definite tone to Tristan and threw them on the table.

Feeling thirsty, he plopped on the sofa opposite Elliot and poured himself a cup of tea.

The fragrance from the camellia tea was enough to calm his mind even if it was only by a little.

"It is a part of being a noble, Clive. Things like this are not uncommon..." Elliot tried to persuade him.

"We are in dire needs cousin..." Tristen walked over and took a seat beside his brother.

"And dire problems require swift solutions" He continued, adjusting his glasses.

"Haaah" Clive sighed again.

The solution the Howard twins were suggesting was the marriage proposal that came for his sister from the Frost Duchy.

He took another sip of the tea and silently listened to their appeals. Even if he was not going to accept it, he was bored enough to pay attention.

"By accepting this offer we could help the people in the county" said Tristan.

"Save the Ashfords from bankruptcy" continued Elliot.

"And have Angelica married"

The twins started taking turns in placing their statements. They were basically finishing each other's senses in an effort to convince Clive. It wasn't every day that a chance like this came by.

"Let's be honest, we all know that she has little to no chances of getting married to..........literally anyone"

"Not even an animated being"

"It's basically three birds...."

"....in one stone"

They ended their arguments and waited for Clive's response.

'No wonder they are top class merchants'

*click*

Clive put down his teacup and sheepishly glanced at their faces.

Honestly speaking, it was an offer enough to tempt anyone. 

And they needed financial support, the sooner the better.

But the problem lay with 'the' person who was the base figure of the deal.

"Hypothetically...." Clive started talking while alternatively eyeing the twins.

"Even if we were going to accept it"

"I take it that one of you will be taking the lead to talk to my sister..."

His last statement made the duo flinch. They had forgotten about the demon in the midst of convincing Clive.