Chapter 35 - Rainy Day

rainy day is one of my favourite time. the sound of raindrop are melodious to me. calming my mind though i will drown in a deep thought and emotion.

i was in a cafe, alone. the first time that i ever walked around this area by myself. my parents always flooded my mind. they urged me to leave and stay with them.

i didn't even know how to tell Taehyung about this. we will be seperate far from each other.

my phone vibrate bring me back from my deep thought. it was Taehyung.

girlfriend, what are you doing? - Taehyung

what am i doing?

thinking bout you - me

cheesy. i know right? but it was true. worse is, its been a few time i have nightmare about us. it always left me crying as i awake.

thats why i'm out here. tried to chase away all my negative thinking. we will be fine right?

its raining. - Taehyung

i knew its raining. did he know that my heart also pouring the rain.

i like it. don't you? - me

really? but i don't like it. it look like something sad will happen. - Taehyung

that reply stabbed to my heart. something sad?

no.

we will be just fine. why would he brought out a topic like that. it made me felt uneasy.

as rain started to pour not as heavy as earlier, i took the umbrella and walk ahead home. i stretched my hand out from umbrella, feeling the raindrop pouring in to my hand and smiled at it.

should i just getting soak in rain? it would be fun. doing something randomly in time.

a loud screech made me surprise. when i turned to search for that sound, i saw a car, slipping away from the road and went straight toward me.

i heard someone yelling my name and pushed me aside. he fall on top of me. the crowd started to surround us as myself drown to the darkness.

--

i awake but a pain that running through my head gave me a hard time to even open my eyes. i heard Yoongi oppa, calling for my name. he probably holding my hand now because i felt a light squeeze at my right hand.

some other people also rushing in. i guessed it were doctor and nurses. through the sound of their voice.

after a moment, i felt better. a faint smile drawn in oppa's face. why did i keep getting to the hospital?

i could not stop myself but worry.

Taehyung.

where is he?

how is he?

i remembered it clearly. he fall on top of me. he was the one who saved me.

"Taehyung," i said his name.

"he's okay. i'll take you to him if you're getting better. okay?" he promised me.

i smiled. he's okay. i really need to meet him so i closed my eyes. sleep. i will getting better and meet him right away. right?

--

what is this noise? i awake by the sound of Yoongi oppa and mom bickering.

"mom, just let her stay." Yoongi oppa pleaded.

"she is our only hope. if you wanted her to stay then you should replace her place. you left all your responsibility to her," mom stated.

a long silence developed between them.

should i really go?

i never forget that responsibility though. i'm willing to carry it. how can i tell mom that?

i moved to sit and oppa immediately came.

"just lie down Hyerin."

i obeyed him since my head still spinning.

"you will discharge after this," mom exclaimed.

"mom," oppa clearly didn't want mom to do as her wish.

my condition didn't allow me to speak or decline it. maybe i should follow it first.

can i have a chance to meet Taehyung?

later, a nurse came with a wheelchair. Yoongi oppa helped me to get on it.

as i sit, i pulled him closer.

"why?" he asked with a soft gaze and concern.

full of hope, i asked, "can i meet Taehyung?"

he sigh. "i don't think so."

my head hung low. before anything, i really wanted to meet him. i don't want any misunderstanding and the most important is his condition. i should make sure that he not in a critical state.

"i'm sorry, Hyerin-ah," oppa murmured.

he kept apologise to thing that is not his fault. just if he knew how i felt guilty with that.

--

"here," oppa handed me my phone that was already have few scratches on the screen.

i giggled looking at the phone. "my poor baby."

"we can fix it," Yoongi oppa giggled along.

"give it to me," cold tone from my mom.

"but..."

she snatched it away.

"mom, could you just-," he got cut off.

"mind yourself Yoongi. Hyerin should not contact with anyone," she created a rule.

i had decided to go home with mom with the thought that i still can texting with Taehyung. but now?

"mom, i wanted to meet Taehyung. i promise that i would not mind if you take my phone," i braved myself.

"stop it Hyerin. don't tear us just like your brother did."

"i will still carry the responsibility. he got nothing to do with this."

"don't you know prevent is better than cure Hyerin? so, we should prevent anything that might ruin it," she really will not giving me a chance.

"mom," there was no used to ask again. even if i kneel and plead, it won't change her mind.

Taehyung.

do we really have to be like this?

will you end our relationship?

do we have to be character in the drama?

what is the cliche that close enough to our story?

do we have to runaway?

sneak out of the window?

only if we could do that.