Julie's Thing

Laura - Let's do this thing for Julie.

Reggie - What thing?

Luke - I took a poem from her dream box and it's about her friend.

Laura - I tried to stop him, but you know what he does to me to get his way.

Reggie - Yeahhhhh.

They start strumming on the guitar.

Luke - What do you guys think about this riff...

Reggie - Sweet, I'm feeling that... Then I come in with a little, ahh

Luke - Then Julie comes in with her killer lyrics.

Laura - And Sunset Curve is reborn

Julie comes in.

Julie - I told you guys not to play in here alone

Reggie - Were not alone, because we always have each other. And Laura's here so she can cover our asses.

Julie and Laura - Ugh.

She pulls the plug.

Luke - But we had the volume level on one.

Reggie - But we rocked it on volume 10. Want us to play it again?

Luke - I really don't think she does.

Reggie - No.

Luke - We've been waiting for you to get home. OK, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier, and... we wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming.

Julie - Oh.

Luke - Oh, uh... Oh, she said, "Oh." Um... That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when invited to join the most epic band ever.

Julie - Sorry. I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now. She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back.

Luke - Yeah, you're in a tough spot.

Reggie - Yeah.

Luke - So, you wanna join the band?

Laura - Read the room, dude.

Julie walks off

Luke - Oh come on! We need you, and you need us because you need music. We found this poem that you wrote, and Reggie and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome.

Julie - Where'd you find that?

Luke - Uh... definitely not your dream box.

Julie - You went through my stuff?

Luke - I know, but...

Reggie - Yeah, we can do that now.

Julie - No! No, you can't! Boundaries! Give it back!

Luke - No! Hey, you need to realize how insanely talented you are. OK? Listen to this.

If somebody hurts you...

If somebody hurts you,

I'm gonna get hurt too.

And my life

My life would be real low, zero

Flying solo

Oh-oh!

Luke - It's a killer melody.

Julie - I wrote that about Flynn when she was helping me with all my mom stuff. I gotta go.

Luke - Hey, what about the band?

Julie - Oh... I almost forgot. Stay out of my room!

Luke - Yeah? We will if you join our band!

Laura - Let me handle this.

I poof to Julie.

Julie - Laura. Not right now...

Laura - Julie... Please. He was trying to do something nice for you...Remember how I said you'll figure something out... This is that... I get she's not answering you. But please don't take it out on Luke. You both... All of us are going through the same thing. We lost something. They have found what they lost. You are coming back to what you lost...

Julie - What have you found that you lost...?

Laura - My best friend's family... And my brother. Please don't let this get to you. Think about it ok.

Julie - Thanks Laura.

She hugs me then walks inside. I go back into the studio.

Luke - So...

Laura - Let her think. Fighting with a best friend is hard. Let her just clear her head.

As I said that Alex poofs back with the biggest smile on his face

Reggie - Oh, hay man. Where have you been?

Alex - Um, kind of everywhere. Yeah. No, I met a new ghost friend.

Reggie - For real?

Alex - Yeah, he answered a ton of questions.

Luke - Yeah? Like whether Julie was gonna join the band or not?

Alex - Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that.

Laura - I said give her time.

Alex - Ok... but I think I know why we're here. OK? All ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over.

Luke - Why would we do that? I'm just saying this is like our second chance. All we need to do is get Julie to play with us.

Reggie - Yeah. Not only can that girl sing, she can write too. Luke and I made a killer melody to one of her lyrics.

Alex - Oh... Without your drummer. Cool.

Luke - Drumming is so '90s. OK? We're just gonna... stomp our feet now.

Alex - OK. Well, you know what else is so '90s? Being rude. All right? Get woke. These are sensitive times.

Luke - Ah! Alex... Ow.

Alex - Learned that from my ghost friend.

Reggie - Woke. Yeah. That's... That's a cool word.

Alex - Yeah.

Reggie - What does it mean?

Alex - No clue.