.65 - battle of hogwarts

M A Y   1 9 9 8

After a while, Fred became less miserable. He helped the Order in the war effort as Death Eaters began to take in muggleborns and 'blood-traitors'. No one knew what they did to them but Fred didn't want to know anyways. He'd helped however he could and even made a radio station called 'Potterwatch' with Lee Jordan, Remus Lupin, and Kingsley Shacklebolt. The station would help those against Voldemort and supported Harry and give listeners information on recent events that newspapers didn't post. Every new show they'd change locations and the password to get in to avoid unwanted people to hear. Fred enjoyed this as he felt very helpful and needed in a way. It also got his mind off of Evelyn.

Fred had tried dating a girl or two but he had no interest. First of all there was a war and wanting a love life felt a bit selfish. Then second he really just missed Evelyn. He knew he could live without her but he missed the nights where they'd be giggling in their bedroom or where they'd annoy George while he tried to sleep. She was truly one of his best friends so knowing she was not only married to a Death Eater but one herself wasn't pleasant to think about.

In Evelyn's life she was more miserable. She'd gotten a birth control implant from a muggle woman. Though she'd have to get it replaced in four years, it was worth it. She'd hidden it from Alexander and he'd even gotten Maria pregnant which she blamed on her then fiancé. Her wand had been taken away by her Father which he never returned so she was even more bored. He also never gave a reason nor did he need to. He found out she was working with the Order and broke all contact. Remus knew it would happen eventually and never wrote back. 

Evelyn wasn't miserable because Fred wasn't with her. She did love him but could live without him. She was miserable because she simply hated everyone and everything around her. There were people kept in her Manor's dungeons who she did her best to feed a well-made meal instead of scraps. Miss Luna Lovegood was a joy to talk to and she was so optimistic in an awful situation. A few others were down there, such as Ollivander, but they didn't care to talk to her.

Once word spread that Harry Potter was found in Hogsmeade, every Death Eater was called. Evelyn sighed and quickly dressed herself as she was in pajama's. Looking in the mirror as her mark burned on her arm, she stared at the mark before pulling her sleeve down to cover it. Evelyn wasn't stupid. She knew war would begin to break out as soon as she went there.

Evelyn pressed on her forearm and found herself outside. It was warm but a breeze made many shiver. She admired the school as about every Death Eater apparated to Voldemort's side. A force field was put up around the school, a quick shimmer giving it away. Evelyn jumped in surprise with a few others as Voldemort shot a spell at the force field. He stood in front of the Death Eater crowd on a rock like the leader of an army. Which he technically was. Death Eaters followed his actions and laughter erupted. Evelyn watched in horror as the force field began to break.