.41 - soaked

J U L Y   1 9 9 5

Dressed in a usual Malfoy ruby red silk gown, Evelyn descended the stairs as Lucius Malfoy waited for her at the end. He held out a hand for her to take. She looked from his hand to his eyes which seemed cold. She could see the hard rain pouring down out the window which set the mood for the night. Reluctantly, she took his hand with a sigh. He led her away silently as they entered the formal dining room where Evelyn was told they were having one of their usual Malfoy gala's.

She stood off to the side with a drink in hand which she took a sip of to avoid eye contact with a few Death Eaters. Narcissa told her they'd have a gala the next summer but suddenly rescheduled it for that day. Goosebumps ran across Evelyn's skin as someone entered the room. She hadn't even seen the person but felt discomfort. 

Her eyes glanced to the side and saw a man. This man was stranger however. He had light grey skin with long, very noticeable fingernails. He was dressed in baggy black robes which made him seem slim and in some way, weak. He wore matching black shoes but the odd thing was, he had no nose. For a nose he had two slits like a snake. His eyes were the same and snake-like while he was bald. He also had no eyebrows which suited his appearance.

"Who's that?" Evelyn whispered to her mother who was quickly walking toward her, Draco beside Lucius. "Who's that man?"

"The Dark Lord, dear." Narcissa answered in a whispered to her as Evelyn's eyes widened. He stood silently as her stomach began to turn. "Your father and I have arranged for you to recieve the Dark Mark." Evelyn turned to her in disbelief. "You were meant to get it with Draco next year but I saw something."

"What?" Evelyn hissed. "What could you have possibly seen to make you make me get the damn Dark Mark!" Her shouts were whispers to everyone else as she was silently afraid of what they'd do if they heard her.

"A letter from a Weasley boy." Narcissa answered, her hands fiddling together anxiously. "I lettered him back to stop speaking to you, as you." Evelyn began to tap her heels as she glanced at Lord Voldemort who awaited her. "Now let's get this over with."

Evelyn began to imagine the life she'd have after that moment. What would happen is she'd go back to school, have to ignore the Weasley twins, then marry Alexander. She'd go down the path her mother went down and have children with the man who'd then go down the same path she went down. Evelyn turned her head to the side in the direction of the front door. She knew the moment she ran, she was dead. So, without a word, her wand in her dress pocket, she walked past Narcissa, their shoulders shoving against one another as she headed for the door. She heard Lucius's furious tone as he called her to come back but she didn't. She ducked as a red spell came racing toward her but hit the wall instead. Evelyn swung the door open, slamming it behind her before disapperating.

Back at the Burrow the Weasley's ate dinner as laughter filled the room. Both Bill and Charlie came over for the night which Molly loved as all of her children were in the same home again. Ginny passed the pepper over to Bill as Charlie began telling everyone about the new dragon egg that was laid a little while ago. Everyone's head's turned as a faint but a noticeable 'pop' was heard from outside. Assuming something just fell over from the storm, Arthur Weasley stood up and walked over to the door as everyone continued talking. He opened the door, not to find a fallen over bucket or anything but to find an extremely soaked Evelyn Malfoy.