.48 - umbitch

S E P T E M B E R   1 9 9 5

The final first day of Evelyn's Hogwarts day's began. Her Seventh year was ahead and soon, she'd be a grown adult. She walked to the train, purposely avoiding her family on the way. She sat with Fred and George and they soon arrived uneventfully to the school. What wasn't uneventful was dinner that night in the Great Hall. Their new Defense Against the Dark Art's Professor was an awful woman named Umbridge. She was dressed in pink plaid and just had a mean aura. 

The first Defense Against the Dark Art's class was just as awful. Umbridge was explaining to them like they were toddlers her rules. Her biggest rule was 'no speaking without a raised hand' and she'd give a death stare to any student who spoke without being called on. She was too strict and just plain rude for Evelyn to actually respect her and listen. She, Fred, George, Lee and a few other students began calling her 'Umbitch' behind closed doors. Evelyn did raised her hand and Umbit- Umbridge called on her with a high pitched 'yes dear?'

"What if I prefer not to follow those awful rules?" Fred was behind Evelyn and kicked her calf to shut her up but she continued. "I mean you won't even let us do magic. It's a fucking wizarding school and we can't practice magic?"

"Why would children need to know magic?" Umbridge hummed, her hands clasped in front of her.

"I have no doubt we will have a war against Lord Voldemort in a few years and us being Seventh years will ether have to fight or want to. Why not prepare us for it while your here?"

"Detention, Miss?" Umbridge said sharply but not knowing her name left Evelyn to fill in the blank for her.

"Malfoy." Evelyn smiled while Umbridge raised an eyebrow. "Evelyn Malfoy. Pleasure to meet you, Professor." She sighed then stood from her desk as Fred watched her in confusion. Evelyn silently left the classroom. Fred was honestly surprised that a middle finger didn't pop up from over her shoulder. Umbridge was left with a smile on her face, her knuckles turning white from gripping her hands together so tightly.

"Now," Umbridge tried not to huff an annoyed breath but her annoyance was too clear. "let's continue class. Shall we?"