.PROLOGUE - PART THREE.

S E P T E M B E R   1 9 9 1

Evelyn was in Kings Cross, platform nine and three-quarters only feet away. She held her trunk and began to walk with a slow pace. Her father began scolding her once again on being expelled from Beauxbatons. How many scolding's she'd gotten, she lost count. She ignored him and continued on while Narcissa was giving Draco a pep talk. Finally she began to feel frustrated at him practically screaming at her for this once again. She shoved her trunk to the floor and turned toward the fuming man.

"They could have come forward and ruined the family name!" Lucius barked making Evelyn huff a breath and stare down at her feet. People stared as they passed but he didn't care. "You do realize our reputation? Correct?" So much for that. He was shouting at his child in public as if it was nothing.

If looks could kill, Lucius would be dead in an instant. All Evelyn did in response was pick up her trunk and turned right around to go through the brick wall. Her heart and body desperately agreed to have her shout right back at him but she carried on. Her family followed as they all went through the entrance. Finally Lucius grabbed her shoulder, pulling her back to say their goodbyes. Narcissa gave Draco a tearful hug as she whispered something into his ear, something embarrassing as Draco blushed.

"Don't get expelled." Lucius sneered, his head held high as if he was better than everyone around him. How she hated him.

"No promises." Evelyn gave a wide, sweet, fake smile, now staring up at her long blonde haired father as he frowned down at her. "Come Draco." Evelyn sighed, leaving their trunks with their parents so they could board. Draco refused her hand and hopped onto the train alone. Evelyn stepped one foot into the train doorway before leaning back to see her parents. Narcissa was tearing up as she waved. Evelyn saw Lucius with a rather red face. She gave him the finger which only made him more upset, about to burst like a balloon, before she continued inside the train.

-

Evelyn stood in front of all the first years as she gazed around the Great Hall. It was much prettier in person, the ceiling being her favorite part. The stars made small constellations and she tried to find her own and Draco's. She looked up and saw an older man looking down at the students. His long white beard told her exactly who he was. Albus Dumbledore. She knew he had like five middle names but didn't memorize them. He gave a kind smile which made Evelyn stare down at her feet, feeling dumb enough to think it was for her. The woman she learned to be 'Professor McGonagall' stepped out with a list of names as the room began to silence.

"First we have a transfer student from Beauxbatons who will be joining our third year arrivals." McGonagall began as a few students began to chatter quietly. "Miss Evelyn Malfoy. Step up."

Evelyn stepped up the stairs quietly, her long blonde hair over one shoulder. Finally she reached the stool where Dumbledore held an ugly brown hat. She turned around and sat herself down, the hat being placed down on her head almost immediately. Evelyn widened her eyes slightly in surprise as the old hat began to speak.

"A Malfoy? Part Black I see." If the sorting hat was a person it'd have a smirk over its face. "Now, I see you were most definitely in the 'Ombrelune' house in Beauxbatons. Let's see, very ambitious. Oh, and confident which is a surprise as you hold so many insecurities." Evelyn raised a brow. "Ah, but you are a smart girl who seems to know what she wants. You are a very rebellious one as well. I know exactly where to put you."

"SLYTHERIN." The hat finally shouted. Evelyn gave a small sigh. If she was put in any other house she'd be more of a disgrace than she already was to her Father. Her Mother she thought, perhaps hoped, could care less.

She rose from the stool and walked on down to the silver and green decorated table. She sat on the right side of the table so she could see the three other house tables lined up. Beside them were what she assumed to be Gryffindor's. Across the hall were the Ravenclaw's and then the Hufflepuff's. What really caught Evelyn's attention were two boys who looked exactly the same with attention grabbing red hair. They were whispering and laughing to one another while one glanced at her. Evelyn looked over to the sorting hat where the first years began to be sorted. She looked back over to the boys and watched one go pink and stare down at his feet. Evelyn grinned and turned back away, focusing on Draco as he now sat on the stool.