Writing advice from yours truly

I'm bored lmao

Okay, it's kinda hard trying to describe how I write, because I just... do it. But here we go,

My first bit of advice is always describe a character's feelings, doesn't have to be all of them, but at least one, or the characters assumption of the others feelings. Don't say "She was sad" either, it'd work better and be more effective if instead, you went along the lines of, "She was completely disappointed in herself. She had one friend, one, and she blew it! Why must everything she touch turn into a disaster, she thought to herself."

Not only does it make it longer, but also puts the reader more into the character's shoes, being able to sympathize with them more. Describe the thing that made the character feel that way as well, then the readers' can understand more of why they feel that way about a thing, like if a guy was giving the girl a stare before turning away, describe what that stare feels like, is it nice? Comforting? Cold? Harsh? How so? How does the character feel about this? So on and so forth.

Another thing! Figurative language is not only REALLY fun to write, but also sets the mood really well. My personal favorite thing to write is extended metaphors that reoccur and calls back to itself through the chapter/story, along with symbolism! It, again, makes your writing longer, and again, it's fun to write. Especially when you take something and make it longer, more impactful. Take for example, my one shot "The Voice of an Angel" took some inspiration from Like Dead Lavender (a really good fanfic, go check it out) where Levi mentions he could drown in Light. I took that and ran, I described the feeling of drowning and how it's similar to his feelings. Not saying it's necessary, but it sure is fun!

One little nitpick here,

Try to use other words instead of "says" or "said", I don't know if anyone noticed, but I make it a personal challenge of mine to not use said or says, of course sometimes I use it, however I try to use different things instead. And don't use the same verb right next to itself in dialogue. What I mean by that is, don't say a character explained, and then the very next dialogue describes the other character also explaining, it gets repetitive and boring to read.

Speaking of dialogue, I know it's hard to come up with something other than said or says, but please avoid "play writing", which is basically-

Character A: Hi!

Character B: Hello *smiles*

It just- no?? It doesn't look good, and while it might be easier, it makes your chapters shorter. And idk about you, but I make sure all my chapters are at least over 1,000 words. Told this to some friends of mine and they were like "A THOUSAND?? THE MOST I'VE WRITTEN WAS 300" and it's easier than ya think, you just gotta know how to continue the story, making it longer but not to the point it looks forced. Remember, don't repeat things over and over and over again unless it's something big and dramatic, like in MARETU's "The Flavor of a Cockroach", at the end it repeats "This whole thing I think is sick" 

I've put high standards on my writing since I first started posting stories, and it's helped me improve. 

I'm not saying put high standards on your writing, really, keep doing what you love, just for the people who wanna get better, I'm giving them some advice, yknow?