19.

"DON'T LOOK AT HER

"DON'T LOOK AT HER..."

---¤☆¤---

Shoving me backwards, I groan as the corner of the table hits me right in the gut making me hunch over in pain. Holding my stomach, I look down at my mud stained combat boots; knowing better than to look up. Hopefully, Percy knows not to look up.

Refusing to look up, I stare at the floor trying to find a path or way out of here without looking up. Seeing a pair of concrete converse from a statue, I hold my hands out and try to find something to grab onto. Something to guide me out of here.

"Run!" Grover shouts, before shouting 'Maia'.

"Scram!" I shout, jumping out of the booth.

Shutting my eyes tightly, I try to run away but end up hitting my knee against the corner of a chair hard. Cursing under my breath, I hold my hands out to feel my way out of this maze. My fingers brush against the rough concrete of a statue making me flinch for a second.

Following the rough statue, I quick up my pace as I try to weave my way to an exit; without opening my eyes. Patting my free hand on my waist, I blindly try to find the handle of my dagger when finally cool metal hits my fingertips making me shiver slightly.

"Such a pity to destroy a handsome young face. Stay with me, Percy. All you have to do is look up." Medusa soothes, as her voice slowly goes faint as I walk further from them.

Listening carefully to my surroundings, I don't hear any snakes nor do I hear anyone fighting. Letting out a tiny sigh, I hesitate for a second on whether I should open my eyes; but choose not to. Feeling sharp nails dig into my scalp, I screech in pain and swing my dagger connecting with something behind me. Whatever it was, it was slimy and gross. Shivering in disgust, I take a step forward as the hand in my hair doesn't budge. It only tightens its grip.

"If I cannot have the spawn of Athena, one of Ares shall do!" Medusa hisses, followed by the hisses of snakes.

"Let go you snake headed freak!" I shout, playing tug-a-war with her over my hair.

"Leave her alone! I'm the one you want Medusa, remember?" Percy shouts, making her chuckle.

"You wouldn't harm an old woman, Percy. I know you wouldn't." Medusa crooned, tightening her grip.

"Percy, don't listen to her!" Grover moaned out.

"Too late!" Medusa cackles.

Giving one last tug of my hair, I hear the sickening shlock  of a sword connecting with her head making my food go up my throat. Forcing the food down, I could hear the sloshes of goo falling onto the floor followed by a dying hiss. Gagging at the sounds, the tight grip in my hair falls completely as sulfur fills the stale garden air. Followed by the feeling of weight being removed from my head and shoulders.