9.

"TO GET PERCY KILLED

"TO GET PERCY KILLED..."

---¤☆¤---

Chasing after Luke, I groan out in pain as I face plant into the creek as one of the Hermes kids trips me with a spear. Feeling some water go down my throat, I instantly cough it up not wanting to get a taste of the dirty water. Hunching over a large rock, I spit up some water when I hear the Stoll brothers yell at their brother about that being their job. Gagging at the taste of dirty water and mud, I look up to see Percy and Clarisse standing still; a few of my siblings surrounding them in a half circle.

"A trick! It was a trick!" Clarisse yells, making my siblings turn around.

Staggering over to Luke, I sigh as I realized it was too late; we had lost the Game. Based on what I could see, I guessed that Clarisse and my siblings had gone after Percy for revenge while Luke sneaked his way past our weakened borders to the flag. It was an amazing plan. A plan worthy of Athena.

Standing up from my spot, I shivered as the freezing cold water was absorbed by my clothes; and dripped down my already shivering body. What was once a dry pair of jean shorts and warm Camp shirt, was now soaking wet mess stained with dirty creek water. Crossing my arms, I huff as Luke holds up the flag in the air, his team exploding into loud cheers.

The red banner shimmered, before it turned to silver. The boar and spear were replaced with a huge caduceus, the symbol of cabin eleven. Looking over at the rest of my team, there were mixed reactions; some had looks of shock, disappointment, sadness and pure anger. Picking up Luke, Chiron cantered out from the woods and blew the conch horn; signalling the game was over.

"I'm not getting any sleep tonight." I whisper, already knowing the aftermath I will have to face in the cabin tonight.

Walking over to Percy, I cram my way past celebrating Apollo kids; who were singing 'He's a jolly good fellow' to Luke. Brushing shoulders with a grumbling Demeter kid, I could hear them muttering about the poison ivy vines not being thick enough under their breath. Standing a few feet away from Percy, I look in his appearance. His shirt was dirty and he was soaking wet from the knee down.

He was sporting a bruise on the jaw that seemed to be disappearing. He had a small cut above his left eyebrow and had some gashes on his arms. Feeling my gut churn at the sight, I instantly felt guilty for not trying to put a stop to Clarisse's revenge. Pulling her hat off, Annabeth appears next to me with a smirk earning a loud grumble from Percy.

"Not bad, hero. Where did you learn how to fight like that?" She asks, as I squeeze out some water from my shirt.

"You set me up. You put me here because you knew Clarisse would come after me, while you sent Luke around the flank. You had it all figured out." Percy rambles, making Annabeth roll her eyes.

'Brilliant plan..' I thought.

"I told you, Athena always has a plan." Annabeth resorts, making me scoff at the phrase.