17.

"EM'S GARDEN GNOME EMPORIUM

"EM'S GARDEN GNOME EMPORIUM..."

---¤☆¤---

On the steps of the Warehouse were two creepy garden gnomes, moss covered them but their huge grins were still visible. Taking a sharp intake, I get a strong whiff of hamburgers and french fries filling my nose. My stomach growls with hunger as the smell gets stronger and more drool worthy. I hadn't eaten anything since this morning, all I had was a cherry smoothie and a protein bar. I was starving.

Holding my stomach, we walk up into the gates entrance but are stopped by Grover standing in front of us. Holding his hands out to block us, I glare at him and put my hands on my hips; prepared to scold him. Grover had three tin cans at the bus stop and apple, as well as full breakfast at Camp. He should have a full stomach. I was starving and nothing was gonna stop me from getting that greasy food. Nothing. At. All.

"Hey." Grover warns.

"The lights are on inside, maybe it's open." Annabeth said, pointing at the bright lights seen in one of the windows.

"Snack bar." Percy said wistfully.

"Snack bar." I said in sync with Annabeth, nodding our heads in agreement.

"Are you three crazy?! This place is weird." Grover argues, but we shrug him off.

"Grover, we haven't eaten all day. Don't you want some tins cans to chew on?" I said, as he groans about us being stubborn.

Shoving past him, we enter the front lot that was filled to the brim with different kinds of statues. From realistic stone statues of different kinds of animals, all the way to a perfect stone statue of a satyr playing his own reed pipes.

Scanning the sea of statues, one stands out to me the most; a woman probably in her twenties. The woman's eyes were wide open as her mouth was pulled into a silent gasp of horror as she looked through the camera, as if she were staring at something truly horrible through the camera lens.

"Bla-ha-ha! Looks like my Uncle Ferdinand!" Grover bleats out, pointing at the satyr.

Looking back at the woman, she stood at around 5'8", she was curvy with a thick waist and hips; that was perfect, no matter what anyone else would have thought. Her hair was curly with wild curls that reached her chest; and looked like they were blowing in the wind; even though there was none.

She was wearing a dress and had a flower crown on her head, making me curious as to how the artist had managed to get all the little details in. If I didn't know that this was a statue, I would have thought that this was a really talented and dedicated street performer.

"Okay, this is getting a little weird." I whisper, taking a weary step back.

"Don't knock, I smell monsters." Grover pleads, as Annabeth goes to knock on the front door.