15

You sat on top of the stage. Looking over with overwhelming anxiety. So much anxiety that you felt like your heart was ready to explode. You felt yourself feeling like lightheaded.

This was the decathlon after all.

Your poker face however was beyond any.

No sweat beads ran down the side of your face. Your face was like stone. You would smile hearing the last question being asked. You reached out tapping the microphone.

"Midtown High?"

"0."

The crowd went silent.

"That is correct."

Everyone around you happily hugged you tightly. The feeling of relief overwhelmed you like a flood.

"Damn it Peter where are you?"

You thought to yourself. Holding up the trophy given to your school. You raised it high with everyone cheering.

You followed everyone offstage.

Into the waiting area. Where everyone wanted for the bus.

Peter should've been here. He promised that he would.

The previous night.....

You were watching TV mindlessly. The Sanctum didn't even have a TV. Or a good one at least. It was a box TV. Awful it had those weird wires on top.

Everyone was pitching in for a new TV. Someone must've bought that way back when and was late to replace it.

This was a rather nice place. Or rather the TV was. Many channels and movies were on this television. You didn't know if Peter left.

Your door gave off the noise of a knock. You groaned pulling yourself from the bed. Walking over to the door. Pulling it open to find the always pleasent face. Peter looked to you with a concerned look.

"Y/N, could you open a portal for me?"

"Well I guess that's all I'm worth. Come in."

Peter say on the bed. You slipped on your sling ring. It was a bit different from other designs.

Instead of it being a single line. It was three. The three lines stretched out across. Having circles over them with small jewels.

"So where do you want to go Pete?"

He pulled from his pocket a small gadget showing the location of the bad guys.

"Mm yes. You ready to jump?"

"Yeah, also could I get one of those. It would really-"

"Peter, I need a reason to see you. So I really can't."

His face would turn red making you chuckle.

"Well let's see here."

You took in the area. Memorizing Each and every detail. You took in a faint breath. Outreaching your hand with the sling ring. Your other began to swirl.

The portal would begin to form. You took steps forward making sure it was where it was suppised to be.

"There."

"Thanks Y/N."

"Remember the box. Be careful too. You need to be here tomorrow for the Decathlon."