1

The land drifted before your eyes. The sky scraper's did indeed scrape the sky.

New York City was a beautiful place during the day. Your mother wanted you to stay at your dad's for your Sophomore year. It was currently 2016. You were around 16 too.

Your name was Y/N Strange: Son of the famed Doctor Stephen Strange and Christine Palmer. You were extremely intelligent. But very lazy.

Today would be a new beginning. Ever since your father's accident. He suddenly became a powerful being.

"Hey, hey." You felt your mother's hand shove you. You pulled out your air pod and looked over to her.

"Hey we're almost there."

"Mom, tell me again why we're driving to Greenwich?" You questioned turning to her.

"Well I wanted to have a trp with you. But.." The car came to halt. You stared at the endless lines of cars.

"Traffic?" You questioned, she giggled in response before picking up her purse. Digging inside it pulling out her wallet.

"Suppose you should just walk from here."

"Wow what a mother you are. Leaving your child to walk alone."

She laughed pulling out two twenty dollar bills.

"Sorry son, just take this and go. 177a Bleeker Street."

"Ok, um well I'll see you in a month mom."

She kissed your forehead. Pulling away with a smile.

"Tell your dad I said hi. And be careful."

"I will, love you."

"Remember to text me."

"I will!"

You grabbed your bags and jumped out of the car. You would be moving into your dad's new house. That meant a new school. Thank God it was June. You would be a sophomore this year.

You were already in Pre-Calculus. You would be in college by 18. Your photographic memory aided in learning. You would be going to a place called Midtown High.

It was far from Greenwich. But it was closer than your other home.

You guided your way through. Until you realised you were in front of the building. You took off your air pods. Staring at the grandeur of the building.

You filled the steps leading to the door.

You knocked at the door. Until you fell through a sparking portal below you. You landed on top of the floor. You grunted looking around. To your horror a crimson tentacle beast gripped onto your father.

Tossing him around.

"Oh hey s-on!!"

He was tossed across the room. His red cloak caught his fall mid-air.

You watched in wonder. When the beast would lock it's eyes on you. You began to crawl away. It's tentacles shot out toward you.

From the side an axe was thrown. Spinning through the tentacles. Splitting them in two.

You didn't feel fear. For some reason you were infatuated.

You looked to your father. Who spawned two magical orange disks. That had an ornate patterns over them. In front of him spawned a similar pattern.

Pushing the beast back. Strange spawned blue daggers that had a same pattern.

They shot out impaling the beast. It screeched in pain retreating back into the portal. The pattern surrounded the swirling spark portal.

He closed it finally pulling away with a gasp.

The cloak on his back pulled away. Leaving him to walk over to you. With a smile he placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Hey son."

"W-what was that?"

He chuckled pulling away to rub his temples.

"An inter-dimensional being named Shuma-Gorath. Or at least a vague piece of her."

He turned back around to face you.

"You grew up."

You laughed dropping your bag onto the ground. Admiring your surroundings.

"Nice place you got here."

"Yeah, we just got the floors waxed so."

You nodded picking up your bag. He laughed walking away to a hallway.

"Time for the grand tour."

You nodded and followed him closely.

"This place is called the Sanctum Sanctorum. And is my current home."

You followed him through the halls. Realising they changed each time you walked through them.

"Oh yeah, this sanctum happens to be a hotspot for magical energy. So the hallways and doorways have a nature of changing."

You both walked upstairs.

"There are Five floors. The bottom floor is where the kitchen is. Second is my personal study and artifact room. Third floor is where everyone sleeps. 4th floor is a another artifact room. And the fifth is another artifact room."

"A lot of artifacts."

"Yeah I know."

The third floor was indeed a living area. There were three rooms and a living area. He led you to one of the rooms. Taking you inside.

"This will be your room for now."

The room was tame. It must've been a library. Having bookshelves all over. There was a queen bed in the corner. With a nightstand. An extension cord ran next to your bed.

"Looks good."

"Oh yeah, don't touch the obelisk there."

You looked over to the obelisk protected by a large glass block.

"What is it?"

"An obelisk of unknown properties."

"Oh, so you're too lazy to figure it out."

He laughed placing his hand on your shoulder.

"Well this is your home for this year. Go ahead and do anything you need. Only have one rule here. Don't touch any of the artifacts. And curfew is until 11. So."

"Ok, ok, don't worry I don't think I'll be out very late."

"Ok good. Well after you're done here you can come downstairs. The only TV's down there. And I'll be preparing lunch."

"Ok then."

He nodded and walked over to the door exiting quickly. You let out a sigh. Walking over to sit on the bed. You laid down with a groan.

This was all very new. You felt a sudden high. You wanted to at least learn a little of what he did. You had a month before school. Maybe he could've taught you.

Ugh too much thinking. You got up and placed your bag neatly on the ground. Unpacking everything inside. And putting them into the empty shelves.

Then you plugged in your laptop and phone. You grabbed your sketch book. And laid on the ground. You opened onto a blank page. Sketching the design that you witnessed.

This would be the beginning of greatness.

#1019