Prologue: Year 3018

The global economy has risen, technology has become more powerful, and the globe has altered dramatically. The trees and vegetation are all man-made, and the animals that have lived until this day are nothing more than human experimentation. Because of technology and people's imaginations, buildings are being erected on other worlds such as Mars, communities are already under the Pacific Ocean, and more infrastructure is being developed.

"What are you doing, Master? It's like you do it every day. I'm already concerned about your safety," standing on the edge of the young scientist's table, a girl said.

"I need to learn more about the invention of a device that will transport me to the past, far into this year."

She sighed and walked over to the young scientist, placing her hands on his shoulders. "Master, why do you insist on dwelling on the past when, as Chief Laxar stated, we must concentrate on the future."

The hologram books vanished in front of the young scientist, and he quickly moved his swivel chair, causing the girl to back away, and then the young scientist stared her down. "Don't you see that what they're doing to us isn't right anymore?"

The rising voice of the young scientist caught the girl off guard. "What exactly do you mean, Master? Are you angry with Chief Laxar? Isn't he, your best friend?" It was already shaking with a combination when the girl spoke to him.

"Not any longer, we're no longer friends. It's unlikely that we'll be friends again after what he did to my father." The young scientist swiveled back in his swivel chair and resumed his work. "3402, please go to your room if at all feasible. I'm still at work and would like not to be bothered. I'll have no choice but to turn you off if you don't obey my commands. Do you follow me?"

"Master, I understand." The girl promptly went to her room after hearing what the young scientist had stated.

He did his research until he was ready to take action. He's already brought the tools and equipment he'll need to get the job done. He worked on it all day until the next morning when he finished it. After completing it, the young scientist was very happy. It's a contraption known as A-961, which he created in order to travel back in time. The girl had been silently watching him when she became upset. 

The following day, the young scientist prepared the items he would need for his excursion into the past.

"Do you have to go, master?" asked the girl.

"I'll return here when I finish my studies. For my investigation, I'll also need to collect samples," the young scientist approached her and took both of her arms in his. "Don't worry, I'll be back," he said. The girl simply glanced down and said nothing. As a result, the young scientist became concerned and asked. "Are you all right?"

When the young scientist asked, the girl gently raised her head and gave him a malicious look. "You can't leave master," she said, raising her hand to electrify him, but he quickly evaded it and grabbed her arm. "What are you doing?" Incredulous, the young scientist asked.

"You can't leave, master, you'll always be by my side, you're mine."

"What are you talking about?!" He exclaimed. 

They were diverted by his guards, who had noticed that an intruder was approaching. 

"Chief Laxar is on his way with his master's guards," stated his robot security. 

Because of what he had heard, the young scientist's eyes widened.

"Are you surprised, master? I told Laxar about your plans to prevent you from leaving, as well as your comments criticizing their leadership."

"You are a traitor!" the young scientist said before grabbing her electrical handle, throwing it, and pushing her.

The guards and Chief Laxar entered the house at the same time she fell because she was pushed. He hastily activated the device he built, but it didn't work. He tried again and detected footsteps coming. When it finally turned on, his door opened when the guard breached his security. He dashed to the window to leap out when Chief Laxar shot him in the back, knocking him to the ground. His device rolled away towards the window. He looked at it before turning his attention to Chief Laxar and his guards who were approaching him.

"How are you doing, my friend?" Chief Laxar asked.

"Don't call me that, Arnaldo!" yelled the young scientist.

"If you're still mad at me for killing your feeble father, put it out of your mind. Because I'm about to kill you, you'll be together very soon." Chief Laxar is already targeting his rifle with a laser beam capable of piercing even iron and stone in a single shot. When the young scientist noticed that the laser guns were already directed at him, he was at a loss for what to do. He was startled to see 3402 standing behind the guards, staring at him regretfully.

"I apologize for what I did master. I'll utilize the power you granted me to control their movements. When I yell, you have the opportunity to flee. I'll make an effort to catch their attention." The sound waves he got from 3402 greatly surprised him. She simply smiled and glanced at him.

"Adam, tell your frail father that I miss him."

When 3402 suddenly shouted, Chief Laxar and his guards were going to fire their laser weapons at the young scientist and kill him. Her eyes suddenly turned blue, and she took command of the guards and Chief Laxar, but she was easily weakened due to the large number of them. The young scientist jumped to his feet and immediately grabbed up the device, rotating it counterclockwise and opening the small section on top where the button was positioned.

 Before Chief Laxar shot her, he pressed it and jumped out the window facing the guards, where he saw 3402 smiling at him. 

At the same time that he vanished, Chief Laxar gave him a look. When he closed his eyes, he heard 3402 say "143" in a pleasant but sorrowful voice, which then faded away.

<3
__________________________________
DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.